Changelog compared to Alpha 1:
Screen On/Off Animation working
hw accel mostly working
video codecs partly working
wifi works even through data wipe
bluetooth works (except in call, sorry)
If I forgot something, oh well
tongue.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats right everyone! ALPHA 3 is now available!!! See link below to download.

** NOTE ** I did read in the thread they are recommending you install ALPHA 1 first, boot up and then go back into CWM and flash ALPHA 3 over the top (NO WIPE). There are other bugs/conflicts I really recommend you visit the thread and read threw starting at the download post below to most current.

LINK TO THREAD: CyanogenMod7 | ALPHA 3 - xda developers

Things we've fixed:
Cell signal indicator.
D-Pad orientation.
3D graphics acceleration.
Beginnings of video playback. It stutters a bit currently.
SetCPU-like functionality in CMSettings is fixed.
Removed many Samsung libs and replaced them with things built from source.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALPHA 1

With that said, a short list of things that DO work.

• Radio works fully - Calling, SMS, Data
  • Bluetooth works for music only.
  • Wifi works fully.
  • Sensors work, but may be slow. Run /system/bin/sensorcalibutil_yamaha in terminal or via adb, place the phone on a flat surface, and hit Enter. Reboot the phone and sensors will function at normal speed.
What does NOT work ::

• GPS
  • Camera
  • HW Acceleration in UI and in video, etc.
Installation instructions and other details available at source thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: docchaos

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
id try it if the devs would release an actual official version and not a port. my viewsonic gtab is running CM7. its cool. dunno if i'd put it on phone permanently tho. i like ACE and having 2 different OS on my devices. keeps android from getting boring.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I will give it a few more days, week.. Let Dameon87 work out some more of the bugs and hit beta then I will check it out.

Where are those Epic skeptics now?? Looks like once again if Sammy doesn't provide it people like Dameon87 will... Gingerbread anyone?

unorthatrox

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been testdriving this all day. This is a polished alpha. And yes its gingerbread 2.3.3. I can't believe how much is baked in. The rotory lock screen is great. It has most of the options on widget locker but works better. The overscroll glow effect is very nice and you can mix that with the bounce effect. The screen render color options give the possibility of using the phone in low light red mode so it wont disturb photo reactive materials or force your eyes to adjust so much if you're in the darkness. VERY COOL. I exported my contacts to SD, synced to gmail. backed up. 3x wipe and installed the rom. DK28... not sure if it matters. Its compatible with either file system. I use ext. You need to do the sensor fix and reboot then sensors work fine. All my apps synced back in except for iheartradio. No gingerbread support on that one. This is way better than froyo. Can't wait till themes come and a few more bugs worked out. I ran quadrant after changing heap size to 32. Score 1824. And this is with no hardware accell. GPS maxed around 25ish. Some optimizing, kernal support and bug fixes and this will be a monster!

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear.. I will give it that few more days/week and get on it... Finally something new besides Froyo... I'm about sick of Froyo after playing with it since DK28 dropped back in beginning of December.

unorthatrox

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say I'm not gonna be playing with ACE but I have a feeling you may not be either soon ;)
But I would love to see some of your them work on my phone again.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say I'm not gonna be playing with ACE but I have a feeling you may not be either soon ;)

I still get my chance to test drive ROMs.. Thing I like about the way I setup ACE is its stable. Its not the type of ROM I have to keep loaded to troubleshoot.

robomav

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
too bad you cant have two roms and boot whichever one you are feeling that day without flashing or restoring data. just two separate partitions on the phone. it would be nice.

unorthatrox

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I could swear I saw a bootloader somewhere along the way when I loaded this rom but can't find it at the moment. I would very much be interested. I've seen plenty of partioning utilities. Shouldn't this be as easy as inserting a bootloader than wipe cache/devlik then change the path to /system to an alternate folder? I'm probably ignorant of some important details here.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I broke down early and gave into the pressure... Had to check it out for myself and other reasons...

Looks awesome so far!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had much time in the seat... just got my apps restored and getting things straightened out. I will say so far other than the few things not working this is a very usable ROM. It won't be long and this will be THE ROM.

robomav

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
paul - question for you since you have loaded it already. does the messaging app still have the lame text bubbles or is it different now?

i may give it a test this weekend. i guess going to this then back to ace for normal use will get me good at flashing

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't go by numbers but those of you who do.... This is without anything done to it....

3 times I ran Quadrant, 1902/1920/1931

Not bad at all out of the box boys and girls.. Get custom kernels running on this thing and it should blow Froyo out of the water no matter what what mods your Froyo ROM is running...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
paul - question for you since you have loaded it already. does the messaging app still have the lame text bubbles or is it different now?

i may give it a test this weekend. i guess going to this then back to ace for normal use will get me good at flashing
Different msg look. I like it..

Does the screen do the old-style TV off animation? It's silly, but I want Gingerbread for that more than anything =D
It should once they get the rest of the bug list resolved. Currently it does not.

Reactions: robomav

robomav

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
wow. that is all i can say. i am in the process of going back to ace but i had to see what gingerbread looked like. i would be interested to see how this compares to what a stock version of it from samsung/sprint would look like if it ever happens

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sammy/Sprint version would have TouchWiz and all the other garbage loaded onto it.. This is pure Gingerbread baby nobody has placed their garbage inside this ROM... :)