Rooting on a mac

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I've looked all over for this but I can't find out how to root my Epic with my mac. I tried the one-click root but that didn't work. It keeps telling me that the installation was aborted. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I need help. I am a complete beginner when it comes to rooting and all the terminology so if anyone could answer this in the simplest way that would be wonderful

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You can root your phone without a computer - just download and run the Gingerbreak app (will work for Froyo and Gingerbread).

If you want to install a custom ROM, kernel, theme, etc. you'll need ClockworkMod Recovery. You can find instructions on how to install it without a computer here.

lcranfrd

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've looked all over for this but I can't find out how to root my Epic with my mac. I tried the one-click root but that didn't work. It keeps telling me that the installation was aborted. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I need help. I am a complete beginner when it comes to rooting and all the terminology so if anyone could answer this in the simplest way that would be wonderful

This has worked for me with the one-click on the mac:
In the top level direcotory of the unzipped one-click file, there are 3 files of interest:
1) adb
2) adb.osx
3) run.sh
You will need to rename the "adb" to something else such as "adb.old"
You will need to rename "adb.osx" to "adb"
Open terminal and navigate to the top level directory of the unzipped one-click.
Run the command (without quotes) "./run.sh"

Hopefully this will work.
Of course your epic will need to be in debug mode. you will also need a good usb cable as mentioned in other posts. I have found that the quality of usb cables do make a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699