Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/18/2012] Jellybro Euroskank CM10 [Nightly 3]

Wanna chime in here with something mostly OT. Forgive me, but I think this needs said :)

Building anything from source doesn't make you special. I can create a script that builds from source, come back in an hour and collect the ROM that's built. Anyone who can read can build Android from source.

I work from source code because it's easier for me to edit prior to building. Some folks take pre-built files and reverse-engineer them to make their changes. One is not better than the other. This sense of elitism that prevails in Android is ruining the original intent of having a community of folks sharing and having fun.

DK made a mistake with the way he originally presented his work. He corrected that mistake. Move on, and if you enjoy using his work, flash it and run it. If you don't, then don't. But please, don't think you need to worship someone because they can type a set of commands someone else wrote for them to type.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Wanna chime in here with something mostly OT. Forgive me, but I think this needs said :)

Building anything from source doesn't make you special. I can create a script that builds from source, come back in an hour and collect the ROM that's built. Anyone who can read can build Android from source.

I work from source code because it's easier for me to edit prior to building. Some folks take pre-built files and reverse-engineer them to make their changes. One is not better than the other. This sense of elitism that prevails in Android is ruining the original intent of having a community of folks sharing and having fun.

DK made a mistake with the way he originally presented his work. He corrected that mistake. Move on, and if you enjoy using his work, flash it and run it. If you don't, then don't. But please, don't think you need to worship someone because they can type a set of commands someone else wrote for them to type.

ya know, i think i hear this everytime i go to west virginia......though itseasier to understand when it isnt spit out between all 4 teeth....hocan you not listen to a head of hair like that, not to mention a face of hair.....:p

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I agree with everything you said. This is not the issue I am railing against. The issue I am railing against is the OP consistently representing that he has a set of "fixes" that only he knows, and that he refuses to share. Please explain to me how that comports with your notions of a sharing community? Building a ROM, whether from source or by porting, then refusing to share your work completely and transparently, is precisely the type of elitist self-centered and self-aggrandizing behavior that you yourself railed against in your reply.

Reactions: YeastInflection

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everything you said. This is not the issue I am railing against. The issue I am railing against is the OP consistently representing that he has a set of "fixes" that only he knows, and that he refuses to share. Please explain to me how that comports with your notions of a sharing community?

Lmao. THIS IS A PORT. NOT BUILT FROM SOURCE. THE KERNEL IS 100% SBRISSENS WORK WITH ZERO MODIFICATIONS TO IT WHAT SO EVER. ITS ALL SBRISSENS HARD WORK. What do I need to share? My fixes do not fall under GPL anymore cause im not touching the kernel in any way shape or form. A ported rom doesnt fall under gpl nor apache cause its not source built.

What good would my little old ported rom do for the open source community? Enlighten me please?

Your a big and bad mo fo building from source and not porting. Sooooooo what good is my git to you or anyone building there god roms?

Reactions: sosovoo and iniz94

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

I agree with everything you said. This is not the issue I am railing against. The issue I am railing against is the OP consistently representing that he has a set of "fixes" that only he knows, and that he refuses to share. Please explain to me how that comports with your notions of a sharing community? Building a ROM, whether from source or by porting, then refusing to share your work completely and transparently, is precisely the type of elitist self-centered and self-aggrandizing behavior that you yourself railed against in your reply.

It doesn't. It wasn't intended to address that. The part where you should flash, use, and enjoy his work (if you like) or move on (if you don't like) covers it nicely though I think.

I learned a long time ago that I can't force my ideals on to anyone else. Nowadays, I worry about what I can do, versus what I can't. :)

Enough OT. I think we all understand each other. Back to the ROM ...

ahmadshawki

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Is there anything we can do about the Gallery not syncing with Picasa?
i know I can use Google Plus or Picasatools but is there a built in solution? May be a different GAPPS? Because the option "Sync Google Photos" is not even there...

agentfazexx

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I think my question was deleted amongst the nonsense posted here..

Is LoS any better with nightly 3? Other JB ROM's still have it... Been out of the loop for a while for JB so just curious.

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

Is LoS any better with nightly 3? Other JB ROM's still have it... Been out of the loop for a while for JB so just curious.
I quoted and answered your question... anyways the answer is yes. LOS has been almost eliminated from sbrissens kernel and since we use his kernel with DKs ROMs, LOS should happen way less frequently, if you get any at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

If you have it with all the other latest and greatest then you will most likely have it with this rom so I wouldn't get your hopes up. That doesn't mean it's not fixed though. Your device is obviously susceptible to Los. Mine is the same way thanks to Sprints half arse hacked together spider web network.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - 200dpi

agentfazexx

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

If you have it with all the other latest and greatest then you will most likely have it with this rom so I wouldn't get your hopes up. That doesn't mean it's not fixed though. Your device is obviously susceptible to Los. Mine is the same way thanks to Sprints half arse hacked together spider web network.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - 200dpi

Yeah Sprint sucks... The tower by the office (where I work) has had issues for 3 months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87