[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Sprint][JB][08/23/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Okay, I've got a question that seems to NEVER get answered. This ROM runs near perfectly for me, get like maybe 9-10 hours of moderate use (after first flash too, so I'm sure if I let it 'cook' it'd probably be longer). So first off I guess I'll just say amazing job on this to all involved (regardless of the first few pages of drama). On to the question. Is the media volume bug still in this rom? The one where you can't raise the volume on a headset past the first 1/3rd of the way up, regardless of whether quiet volume is on or off? Is there any kind of workaround for that? That's the only dealbreaker; I love JB and I love the ROM otherwise, but seeing as I'm a bit of a music geek and I use my phone as a media player, not being able to hear my music the way I want it is a dealbreaker when tied in with the fact that i still get the random, rare LOS, which I could deal with if the volume issue wasn't...well, an issue. I've seen people ask this question and get flat out ignored, so I went through every single page of every single Jellybean ROM thread and saw it in every thread, with no answer. So even if there is no fix, please let me know. Thanks!

tl;dr, I wanna pump up the volume. Can I? Give me a yes or a no, please. :]

Volume issue still there, The app:volume + doesnt work on JB I am also suffering from music withdrawal, because I refuse to listen to media with such pitiful volume. So i switched back to aokp build 40 which has best sound of any rom custom or factory that I have ever heard. It is more than enough to drive 40 mm drivers in my Beats studio headphones :cool:

psych0r3bel

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Yes media volume is low. That is literally the only issue I'm having. I've yet to have los or airplane mode bug. Battery life is awesome.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

And by the way, to add to my other comment but not make this a giant quote train, I tried Volume+. It says to remove DSP Manager to work properly (not to mention not being supported, but it worked anyway), but when I go in and remove the APK from the /system/apps folder and install Volume+, it breaks music in general til I wipe data and cache. Using it with DSP installed gives me this ridiculously thumpy and slightly distorted bass, even when I have bass boost off and all I'm increasing is the volume, feels like listening to a radio while underwater or something, and it gets worse the higher I turn it up. :|

psych0r3bel

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Volume issue still there, The app:volume + doesnt work on JB I am also suffering from music withdrawal, because I refuse to listen to media with such pitiful volume. So i switched back to aokp build 40 which has best sound of any rom custom or factory that I have ever heard. It is more than enough to drive 40 mm drivers in my Beats studio headphones :cool:

AOKP Build 40 you say....how does it compare to CM9? I'm using the Galaxy S3 earphones and they sound decent; thinking of getting a pair of Sennheisers (sorry, I honestly think Beats are overpriced crap, no offense. Suggest doing some research if you're into better sound for less money.) but I'm not sure if it would be worth the 80 bucks if my phone's bottlenecking the sound quality itself.

daniel4653

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
AOKP Build 40 you say....how does it compare to CM9? I'm using the Galaxy S3 earphones and they sound decent; thinking of getting a pair of Sennheisers (sorry, I honestly think Beats are overpriced crap, no offense. Suggest doing some research if you're into better sound for less money.) but I'm not sure if it would be worth the 80 bucks if my phone's bottlenecking the sound quality itself.

Sennheisers are awesome on this phone! Used them with a tw ROM that had beats audio blended into it and Its awesome :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

This is the only thing that keeps me from fully loving my jb experience, I downloaded the one off your server and tried using on 4G but it's not broadcasting. This is my apk of choice normally and I've always used the GNex (toro) profile but this one isn't working for me. Any suggestions?

OK make sure you go to the WiFi tether settings and change profile to epic 4g touch. Then make sure superuser is granting root access. Check op for the super user fix if it is not

Reactions: tigergoalie7

scottydoesknow

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

For anyone that experiences the "Airplane mode Bug", I found a quicker shortcut to restoring service than having to restart the phone.

All you have to do is:

Unlock the phone
Hold the power button as if your going to turn off the phone,reset into recovery ect.
(This will bring up Phone Options)
If you are experiencing the airplane mode bug, you will see that it says that airplane mode is on.
Just tap where it says airplane mode on and go back to your home screen.
Within maybe 10-15 seconds you will see that your service has returned.

This was what i have been doing on Build 4. I will be flashing Build 5 today and see if i still have issues with the "Bug"

I am learning more and more about Linux and Android architecture every day (still have a long way to go) I might start messing around with a few ideas i have about what/where i can modify to get rid of the phone thinking its in airplane mode. If i have any success, i will send Dark_Knight2 a PM and see if we cant get it incorporated into the ROM. Hopefully i can finally make a contribution to the android community :)

yodog01

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Or you could just edit your toggles and put an airplane mode on it and just turn it on and off and all done. Settings\system\notification drawer\widget buttons..... this one alwows you to do it locked unlocked and with out exiting most programs or reset... normally works within seconds

scottydoesknow

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Ive noticed that if i go through system settings to toggle airplane mode that the box next to airplane mode is not checked. You have to check the box then uncheck the box for it to cycle off airplane mode. The only place that i have seen where it actually says its on when im experiencing the bug is on the power options menu when you go to restart/power off the phone.

yodog01

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Now I have a weird issue... my micro SD card does not show up in file explorer... it shows up when in recovery and works perfectly... it shows up under storage and with it correct capacity and available storage.. it still let's me save things to the external SD folder but it saves them to the phone still and doesn't move them to the card... anything I've moved or downloaded to that folder is all that will be in that folder ... nothing from my card now I've emteyed that folder and unmounted and remounted and still nothing... I know its not a hardware issue or the card has to be something lost in the rom somewhere... am I missing something... other wise this is the best ROM ever:D

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Go onto your sdcard and delete ".nomedia" from it. Then go into Settings....applications.....rom manager and disable "Rom Manager". Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. Reboot.

can't find anything with nomedia - is it a folder or file?

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

I agree about the Beats headphones, they were a gift. However,The aokp build 40 by times_infinity has much better sound than cm9.I have tried most custom roms for this phone. I use it as a media device,I hardly ever make calls or send sms, so sound quality is of great importance to me.:cool:

tigergoalie7

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

Use the latest xda tether app 3.2 beta 1. just came out a few days ago.

4g tether works unsecured. Secured breaks 4g tether. So don't setup secured. :) or reflash rom

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

OK make sure you go to the WiFi tether settings and change profile to epic 4g touch. Then make sure superuser is granting root access. Check op for the super user fix if it is not

Worked like a charm!!! First couple of times I had it running, 4G would cut out completely when the screen went black. Tried it again and it seems to be holding strong. I'm at work right now where I've got full 4G signal so that rules out that as a possibility. Here's to hoping it just stays on. If so, I'm gonna be a very happy camper!!

Edit: About 10 minutes into tethering the phone randomly power cycled without me even touching it at all.

Last edited:

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Worked like a charm!!! First couple of times I had it running, 4G would cut out completely when the screen went black. Tried it again and it seems to be holding strong. I'm at work right now where I've got full 4G signal so that rules out that as a possibility. Here's to hoping it just stays on. If so, I'm gonna be a very happy camper!!

Edit: About 10 minutes into tethering the phone randomly power cycled without me even touching it at all.

That actually is sorta common. I've have it happen to me every once in a while, sometimes it does it because your phone has gotten too warm. Other times it just does it randomly... but it only does it a couple times at first then works well

Same thing happens with a stock TW ff18 rooted rom.. so its just wifi tether issue not jb.. im guessing

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes media volume is low. That is literally the only issue I'm having. I've yet to have los or airplane mode bug. Battery life is awesome.

how many hours you getting of use. What's your settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38