New root method- Sfhub Automated Root

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: New root method- [ROOT][EG30] Automated root

Going to watch from the sidelines and see the full LOS report after people have ran it for a bit. Definitely gives hope though.

I originally rooted with the first method and my phone wouldn't go a full day without losing signal and needing a reboot. This method, though, is great. I've been rooted and had my phone on for two days with no problems.

Also, look at that awesome battery life. :)

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm on day 3 still no loss and don't expect it sfhub root method is the way to go

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm on day 3 still no loss and don't expect it sfhub root method is the way to go

Haha Sling! I don't want to discount this root method by any means, I think it's beyond great, but you know very well that the reason you haven't seen LOS is because you re-flashed the pulled stock kernel after flashing Calk's ROM.

With that said, if I were to warp back in time and root my phone for the first time, I would definitely use this method above all others.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Haha Sling! I don't want to discount this root method by any means, I think it's beyond great, but you know very well that the reason you haven't seen LOS is because you re-flashed the pulled stock kernel after flashing Calk's ROM.

With that said, if I were to warp back in time and root my phone for the first time, I would definitely use this method above all others.

I agree with these post 100%, I have never experienced LOS with the stock pulled.

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting a "Waiting for device to be connected" when trying to root. I have it in usb debug mode and mass storage isn't running from what I can tell. I installed the windows usb drivers as well. Any ideas?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Most defiantly kernel plays big part but for user that just wants root this method is the way to go leaving on board kernel untouched.
Come to find I could of removed zImage from rom and not had to flash EG30 stock on top,

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm getting a "Waiting for device to be connected" when trying to root. I have it in usb debug mode and mass storage isn't running from what I can tell. I installed the windows usb drivers as well. Any ideas?
hmm sounds like drivers aren't syncing with device.
Reboot pc try again

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Sometimes if your machine suspends while connected to the phone the adb server can become unresponsive. You can choose Option G - "Stop ADB Server" or reboot your machine and try again.

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Come to find I could of removed zImage from rom and not had to flash EG30 stock on top,

I wasn't sure if that would work, so I never mentioned it before. It does make sense though. I'm sure you would have preferred that over having to re-flash the stock kernel.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

I wasn't sure if that would work, so I never mentioned it before. It does make sense though. I'm sure you would have preferred that over having to re-flash the stock kernel.
oh yeah I would of preferred that rout f,sure . I didn't want that LOS kernel touching my hardware but it all worked out no harm done.
It would be nice if rom developers left kernel out of the mix though. Back in my EVO days that's how it was done

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

To disable mass storage I click on the "USB connected" in my pull down window. This takes me to a screen with the android dude and a "connect USB storage" button. It appears to be deactivated by default or am I missing something?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

To disable mass storage I click on the "USB connected" in my pull down window. This takes me to a screen with the android dude and a "connect USB storage" button. It appears to be deactivated by default or am I missing something?
Nope not missing anything leave it deactivated.

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Sling. I have no idea whats going wrong. The PC sees my phone plugged into the USB but the program does not.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Sling. I have no idea whats going wrong. The PC sees my phone plugged into the USB but the program does not.

The way I did it on windows pc

Download the EG30 automated rooting package UNZIP to top-level directory of your C: drive - eg30auto.zip
Install Samsung USB/Android drivers to pc - http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c...342248/Sprint_d710_USB_Driver_v1_3_2360_0.exe
Enable USB debugging on device - [Menu->Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging]
Connect phone to USB port Drag down the notification bar and tap on "USB Connected"] but don't tap on (connect USB Storage) tab
On pc Navigate to C: drive \eg30auto and double-click on RUNFIRST.bat) and your ready for action.

From that point you will see,
attachment.php

Select (A) to root let it go through the motion follow prompts.

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking it's a driver issue. I tried to reinstall the sumsung driver but it says I already have them installed. I have plugged my phone into my PC before to transfer music using windows default drivers. I'm guessing windows is still using those drivers even though the sumsungs drivers are installed. Will check when I return home tonight.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm thinking it's a driver issue. I tried to reinstall the sumsung driver but it says I already have them installed. I have plugged my phone into my PC before to transfer music using windows default drivers. I'm guessing windows is still using those drivers even though the sumsungs drivers are installed. Will check when I return home tonight.
More then likely.
Try rebooting PC that may get things in order.
If not un-install both sets of drivers , reboot PC and re-install.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

The script is using adb to communicate with your phone. If adb cannot commuicate with your phone, then neither can the script.

Your problem right now is between adb, the drivers, and your phone.

Have you rebooted the PC? Do you get the USB ding sounds when you plug in your phone? Do you see the USB symbol in the notification bar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty