New root method- Sfhub Automated Root

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: New root method- [ROOT][EG30] Automated root

The script is using adb to communicate with your phone. If adb cannot commuicate with your phone, then neither can the script.

Your problem right now is between adb, the drivers, and your phone.

Have you rebooted the PC? Do you get the USB ding sounds when you plug in your phone? Do you see the USB symbol in the notification bar?

I have rebooted my PC numerous times trying to get this to work. I wouldn?t have heard the ding sound as my speakers were off. I am not getting the USB symbol in windows unless I turned on mass storage at which point the new storage device window pops up.

xclusiv3

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if im missing something here, but after doing this root process, wifi tether still doesnt work, it would start up and would appear to seem like it works but the phone isn't broadcasting the ssid.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I have rebooted my PC numerous times trying to get this to work. I wouldn?t have heard the ding sound as my speakers were off. I am not getting the USB symbol in windows unless I turned on mass storage at which point the new storage device window pops up.
Did you turn on USB debugging on the phone?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if im missing something here, but after doing this root process, wifi tether still doesnt work, it would start up and would appear to seem like it works but the phone isn't broadcasting the ssid.
When you type "su" in "adb shell" does it ask you for permissions on the phone's screen? If so, then the root worked and your problem with wifi tether is something unrelated to root. Perhaps you are expecting Infrastructure mode to work in wifi tether? It only works in ad-hoc mode, which means some devices won't see it.

Croathlete

May 27, 2011
Visit site

So, I first rooted using the LosTKernel. If I wanted to keep root and CWM, but go back to the stock kernel, would option C accomplish this? Thanks!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

So, I first rooted using the LosTKernel. If I wanted to keep root and CWM, but go back to the stock kernel, would option C accomplish this? Thanks!
Normally it would, but some people said after using LoStKernel, they had trouble going back to stock kernel through just installing the EG30 kernel through ODIN (wifi didn't work), so I imagine something similar could happen if you installed EG30 kernel over LoStkernel with this script. You can try it, but if something doesn't work quite right, be prepared to use ODIN to flash stock EG30 kernel (pulled) and stock EG30 ROM (pulled).

Extensive testing was done using stock EG30 kernel and ROM as the starting point, so when you start from there everything should work fine.

If you start with some arbitrary kernel/ROM then theoretically it should work, but there is the possibility you might run into trouble. Not anything major that you couldn't recover from, but some things might not work right.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Team Rogue just released their stock pulled kernel with their modified CWM and init.d support. I'm gonna give it a try tonight... Flash right over LoStKernel.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

For comparison purposes, the new kernel/recovery from Rogue is CWM 5.0.2.6 based, so it does not backup/restore to internal sd. They are working on a CWM 5.0.2.7 release.

The one included in this package (chris41g's) is CWM 5.0.2.7 based, so it does backup to internal sd drive as well as external sd.

If you wanted to use the root installation kit in this thread to install Rogue kernel/recovery, you could take the zImage from the Rogue_ET-Stock-1.0.cwr.zip file and place it in copy2sd\000root

Then choose Option E to install a generic BootImg. It will work the same as if you had chosen Option C (EG30+CWM chris41g), except it will be the Rogue kernel/recovery.

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Did you turn on USB debugging on the phone?

Yes I turned it on. It appears that the Samsung drivers are not working with my PC correctly.

**update someone on the Samsung tech forums. "The tech told me that it wouldn't work on Win7 x64 (she said Win7 32-bit is supported)"
Anyone get this working on Win 7 x64?

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes I turned it on. It appears that the Samsung drivers are not working with my PC correctly.

**update someone on the Samsung tech forums. "The tech told me that it wouldn't work on Win7 x64 (she said Win7 32-bit is supported)"
Anyone get this working on Win 7 x64?

It works for me. Which method are you using to install the drivers?
Try installing samsung kies from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=17671177 unfortunately im mobile so I can't get you a direct link. In the post linked there a download link for samsung kies. Install that them restart your comp. After it boots connect the phone let the drivers install them let us know if it worked.

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I just double click and use all the default install location. Didn't see any other options.

I just edited my post, have you tried installing samsung kies? it will install the appropriate drivers during install.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Team Rogue just released their stock pulled kernel with their modified CWM and init.d support. I'm gonna give it a try tonight... Flash right over LoStKernel.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk
Ha a couple hours after reading your post last night I was a keyboard click a way from loading it up then decided not.
45 min later device was flipping into roam - 1x for 30 min then LOS kicked in.
Performance issue was caused by tower but if I would of loaded kernel it would of been at fault because I wouldn't of bothered checking service outages :)

Oh and what a relief seeing that circle line icon , I'm now a part of the hate Samsung gang & Dg is my leader lol

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Performance issue was caused by tower but if I would of loaded kernel it would of been at fault because I wouldn't of bothered checking service outages :)
Good thing you didn't install something like Angry Birds right before the tower problems :) I can see the responses at XDA that Angry Birds causes LoS.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Good thing you didn't install something like Angry Birds right before the tower problems :) I can see the responses at XDA that Angry Birds causes LoS.
That could of been it ,
hmm I will check with dg lol

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Oh and what a relief seeing that circle line icon , I'm now a part of the hate Samsung gang & Dg is my leader lol

LOL! You broke your cherry!

Edit - I re-read your post and saw that you did have to toggle roaming off and back on to gain a signal again.

Oh by the way ... I flashed Team Rogue's stock kernel last night. So far so good!

Last edited:

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

LOL! You broke your cherry! Well, maybe not ...

If I remember reading your description of this in another thread, your phone recovered on its own. I.E. you did not need to reboot to regain a signal. To me, this is not LOS, but a good old fashioned service outage. Real LOS is where signal drops out permanently, and your battery burns down (as your phone furiously tries to re-establish service and sync data services) with the phone in your pocket or on your nightstand until you notice it and reboot.

Oh by the way ... I flashed Team Rogue's stock kernel last night. So far so good!
Well look don't take away my one and only LOS since owning device lol.
It was real I know it was it just was and its evil Samsungs fault!
But on a serious note,
I want to be able to load custom boot animations so I'm going to give that kernel a go this weekend.

Update:
Your post Edit gave me back my first official LOS thanks lol

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Well look don't take away my one and only LOS since owning device lol.
It was real I know it was it just was and its evil Samsungs fault!
But on a serious note,
I want to be able to load custom boot animations so I'm going to give that kernel a go this weekend

Yeah I just edited my post after re-reading your post in the other thread. Credit where credit is due bro! Bask in the glory of LOS! :p

And yeah, custom boot animation was probably the only thing holding me back from flashing stock-pulled. With Rogue's stock kernel, it's the best of both worlds. I never overclock anyways, so I can certainly make do without a custom kernel until the LOS thing gets resolved, not that LOS troubled me much anyways

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

With Rogue's stock kernel, it's the best of both worlds. I never overclock anyways, so I can certainly make do without a custom kernel until the LOS thing gets resolved, not that LOS troubled me much anyways
Best of 2.5 worlds. Stock kernel supports overclocking through Tegrak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali