New root method- Sfhub Automated Root

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Chris41g hasn't put out a vanilla el29+cwm so what I included is rogue-cwm. For rogue, instead of explicit option for internal/external, there is an option to toggle the active flash card. Once you toggle to internal, it will work

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Chris41g hasn't put out a vanilla el29+cwm so what I included is rogue-cwm. For rogue, instead of explicit option for internal/external, there is an option to toggle the active flash card. Once you toggle to internal, it will work

You could also just use el26+cwm to do the restore then switch back to whichever kernel you need

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Best radio will depend on your area. Sometimes what is good for one person is not good for another. Just try them out until you find one that works well for you. I would start at EK02 and venture out from there.

shaqfearsyao

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
What method did you use to install them? What kind of computer/setup?

I have Windows 7 64bit. Download the USB driver like the directions said on Xda and when I tried to install the file, it says it can't install it. I forgot what it said exactly but it wouldn't let me install it and kept showing an error message. I tried downloading other files of the same USB driver but they didn't work as well. I then downloaded Kies but something happened and my computer reset and Kies didn't install properly. It was just a big mess. I did do USB debugging and made sure it was USB connected like the directions said.

One strange thing I noticed was that even though the USB Samsung driver didn't install because of an error, there were still new files created that showed the same time stamp as when I tried to install the USB Samsung driver. Are those the files that are supposed to be there if I installed correctly? I already deleted them from my hard drive because I didn't want to risk bricking my phone if they weren't the right files.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Did you try running the driver install as administrator?

I know people with 64-bit were able to install the drivers because they provided the feedback for FAQ #E3. You should read it over and see if it helps:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash)

I have Win7 64-bit. Saw the FAQ before I installed and directed it to the correct folder - works fine for me.

@sfhub - Keep up the good work

shaqfearsyao

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Did you try running the driver install as administrator?

I know people with 64-bit were able to install the drivers because they provided the feedback for FAQ #E3. You should read it over and see if it helps:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash)

I followed those directions and used administrator to install the usb driver. Maybe I need to try it again today because my laptop has been going crazy lately and I need a new one. I'll try and see if I'm able to get it working this tims.

m3latino

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
hey guys I rooted and installed cwd on my epic 4g yesterday. however my wifi no longer works. shows full bars but unable to load web pages. 3g and 4g work fine.
I'm on build ek02 . any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

m3latino

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
What were you running before this? Was it stock or something else?

Went back to stock EG30 but wifi still was giving me issues. So I assigned a static ip address on my router for the phone and no issues. Sucks that I would have to go through all this to get wifi working. Not sure what I am going to do now since I just got this phone. My Evo3d never gave me these issues.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Went back to stock EG30 but wifi still was giving me issues. So I assigned a static ip address on my router for the phone and no issues. Sucks that I would have to go through all this to get wifi working. Not sure what I am going to do now since I just got this phone. My Evo3d never gave me these issues.
If you fixed the issue by giving assigning a static IP address on your router for the phone, then it has nothing to do with the "root" on this thread or the CWM.

It has to do with some problem with DHCP between your router and the phone, possibly the table of DHCP IP address assignments got into a confusing state.

Try rebooting the router and your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87