Work begins on CM9

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This was just Tweeted earlier this morning from agrabren from Team Win (the guys that brought us the touch based recovery TWRP) ...

Kevin Bruckert @agrabren

My clean slate has something on it now... CM9 for the #ET4G

He'll be working on it with bubby323 who's been working on the CM7 port for our phone. AOSP ICS coming soon to a theater near you!

Awesome!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
CM9 is still in the early stages, we have it on the NS4G with ICS and its pretty good. Not too much CM "feature" speaking at the moment but given time they will have the code figured out to start bringing in more and more of their well known tweaks....

Biggest hurdles is learning all the code changes in ICS which there has been A L O T.... From the simplest mods the more difficult its been quite a challenge.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
YYYYEEEESSSSSSSS! finally a non-touchwiz rom on this amazing device!

Naked Android for the win!

You can have what you want right now if you care to. Bubby's CM7 port is damn close to being a daily driver, with only GPS and some vibration issues left to work out, along with some other minor kinks.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I am so glad the devs are working on getting CM onto the Epic Touch. Was kind of worried it was going to be like the Epic 4G that got ignored mostly until recently. The Touch is a great phone that will be made even better with an ICS CM ROM. Waiting patiently.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
You can have what you want right now if you care to. Bubby's CM7 port is damn close to being a daily driver, with only GPS and some vibration issues left to work out, along with some other minor kinks.

Yea, I came close to trying it, but I travel a lot for work and GPS is my friend.

I guess I can keep a separate backup of a working GPS rom for traveling.

Thanks for keeping us informed!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would love to give CM9 a try on this device and see what new things they have put together. Using CM or an AOSP ROM was necessary to really enjoy my prior Sprint Hero -- Sense was too intensive for the phone with low specifications.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Is this an official CM port?, if so when are they going to throw a ET4G page up?

They're mostly using Twitter for information right now, but I'm sure a post will go up in the E4GT Developers section on Rootzwiki when they have an Alpha ready for download. That's where bubby323's CM7 port is right now.