This was just Tweeted earlier this morning from agrabren from Team Win (the guys that brought us the touch based recovery TWRP) ...

Kevin Bruckert @agrabren

My clean slate has something on it now... CM9 for the #ET4G
    He'll be working on it with bubby323 who's been working on the CM7 port for our phone. AOSP ICS coming soon to a theater near you!

Awesome!
    12-29-2011 01:49 PM
    CM9 is still in the early stages, we have it on the NS4G with ICS and its pretty good. Not too much CM "feature" speaking at the moment but given time they will have the code figured out to start bringing in more and more of their well known tweaks....

Biggest hurdles is learning all the code changes in ICS which there has been A L O T.... From the simplest mods the more difficult its been quite a challenge.
    12-29-2011 01:52 PM
    Good to hear. I am very excited for ICS to come our way.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-30-2011 12:34 AM
    I anybody else drooling?
    12-30-2011 12:52 PM
    YYYYEEEESSSSSSSS! finally a non-touchwiz rom on this amazing device!

Naked Android for the win!
    12-30-2011 02:59 PM
    YYYYEEEESSSSSSSS! finally a non-touchwiz rom on this amazing device!

Naked Android for the win!
    You can have what you want right now if you care to. Bubby's CM7 port is damn close to being a daily driver, with only GPS and some vibration issues left to work out, along with some other minor kinks.
    12-30-2011 03:12 PM
    I am so glad the devs are working on getting CM onto the Epic Touch. Was kind of worried it was going to be like the Epic 4G that got ignored mostly until recently. The Touch is a great phone that will be made even better with an ICS CM ROM. Waiting patiently.
    12-30-2011 04:19 PM
    I'm always happy to see another device get added to the CM family.
    01-02-2012 08:51 PM
    You can have what you want right now if you care to. Bubby's CM7 port is damn close to being a daily driver, with only GPS and some vibration issues left to work out, along with some other minor kinks.
    Yea, I came close to trying it, but I travel a lot for work and GPS is my friend.

I guess I can keep a separate backup of a working GPS rom for traveling.

Thanks for keeping us informed!
    01-03-2012 09:05 AM
    I would love to give CM9 a try on this device and see what new things they have put together. Using CM or an AOSP ROM was necessary to really enjoy my prior Sprint Hero -- Sense was too intensive for the phone with low specifications.
    01-03-2012 10:19 AM
    Is this an official CM port?, if so when are they going to throw a ET4G page up?
    01-03-2012 03:29 PM
    Is this an official CM port?, if so when are they going to throw a ET4G page up?
    They're mostly using Twitter for information right now, but I'm sure a post will go up in the E4GT Developers section on Rootzwiki when they have an Alpha ready for download. That's where bubby323's CM7 port is right now.
    01-03-2012 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD