Newly Rooted SGS2- Now what should i download

Oreo99776

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
What perks can i get out of this. I have Adfree, Android clean up, etc. What else should i download to fully complete my phone and get the absolute best

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, you need to install a custom ROM or Kernal to take full advantage of the device. You'll need to head over to the Epic 4G Touch Development forums on XDA and look for a ROM to use. There are a few good ones listed in the root section here but you'll be redirected to XDA for more resources.

In terms of apps, I'll suggest Titanium Backup Pro (or MyBackup Pro) to keep backups of apps and data for future use. You can also use WiFi tether apps now that you have root access. Custom ROMs have the Sprint Hotspot app available for tether if you use a ROM.

Good luck!

Edit: Be sure to read up on the install instructions before attempting to flash ROMs. If you decide to try and of the ICS ROMs be sure to understand how you need to install those and what you need to do to revert back to a GB ROM.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I agree with what srkmagnus said about heading over to XDA for some good ROM choices. If you're new to rooting, I would start off with a GB ROM until you get more comfortable with the flashing process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress