[DOA]Disregard this thread[DOA]

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Alpha1][July 17, 2012] Jellybean

I mean I would gladly....wait.

What type of screen is the Epic 4G Touch? HDPI, MDPI, what??
And what type of screen is the Galaxy Nexus?

If you try to port a ROM from two different types of screens, it wont work. I think that is the problem!

Project re-opened.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][July 17, 2012]Jellybean[Alpha 0]

Ok. Cyanogenmod has a Jellybean in their Git tree. Maybe I will be able to get something working this time. :cool:

Zero Night

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Maybe it will be easier porting it from the nexus s doesn't the nexus s and the e4gt both have the same type of screens.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Maybe it will be easier porting it from the nexus s doesn't the nexus s and the e4gt both have the same type of screens.

Does the Nexus S (Sprint CDMA) have a Jellybean port yet? I haven't been to their forum yet.

Edit: Found it, and it has WiMax supported! My orginal port was trying to change the radio from LTE to WiMax, but now I have some leverage! Time to go troll some devs over there to let me build off their base. xD Wish me luck!

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Ok, a dev pointed out that in his version, WiMax DOES NOT WORK. I can almost guarantee that at my experience level with porting ROMs, that I will not have WiMax working for a while. At the moment, the only thing I need to learn is how to build the kernel and add a safe recovery. Otherwise you guys will be stuck without a recovery unless you flash your own.

Reactions: Zero Night

Zero Night

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Ok, a dev pointed out that in his version, WiMax DOES NOT WORK. I can almost guarantee that at my experience level with porting ROMs, that I will not have WiMax working for a while. At the moment, the only thing I need to learn is how to build the kernel and add a safe recovery. Otherwise you guys will be stuck without a recovery unless you flash your own.

Ok if you try porting it send me the link if you get it to boot.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I mean I would gladly....wait.

What type of screen is the Epic 4G Touch? HDPI, MDPI, what??
And what type of screen is the Galaxy Nexus?

If you try to port a ROM from two different types of screens, it wont work. I think that is the problem!

Project re-opened.

Lmfao. That does not matter with ICS or Jellybean AOSP. They auto adjust to the screen size of the phone. Are you sure you know what your doing?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Lmfao. That does not matter with ICS or Jellybean AOSP. They auto adjust to the screen size of the phone. Are you sure you know what your doing?

Nope, well I have ported Optimus ROMs when I had my OptiS, but Samsung is different with that zImage crap.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Ok, ported from the NS4G. The updater-script is the thing that confuses me. Is there any automated tool that makes updater-scripts? I can't spend all day doing that crap. Everything else is done. If someone can fix it, please reply on this thread IMMEDIATELY. I repeat IMMEDIATELY. I don't think I pointed the symbolic links right. Please help on this!!! :confused:

chew dz

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, ported from the NS4G. The updater-script is the thing that confuses me. Is there any automated tool that makes updater-scripts? I can't spend all day doing that crap. Everything else is done. If someone can fix it, please reply on this thread IMMEDIATELY. I repeat IMMEDIATELY. I don't think I pointed the symbolic links right. Please help on this!!! :confused:

Sooo once your updater-script problem is resolved, we'll have us a port?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: thenameisnigel

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Keep fighting the good fight! I personally could care less about wimax. I sometime forget this phone even has 4g. Thank you for your efforts thus far.

Sent from...B*+ch, my $h*+ is custom!

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Sooo once your updater-script problem is resolved, we'll have us a port?

Ive had a chance to look at this more. Numerious libs need to be added. Boot.img needs to be modified with an updated RAM Disk for jellybean. Init.rc has to be modified for this device. Etc folder needs to be modified for audio compatibilty. WiMax will never work sense the needed binaries are not there. Radio layer interface will never work because this sdk was meant for LTE Enabled device. The kernel being used now is for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE and not the ET4G. Firmware folder is a no go. And thats all ive had time to look at thus far. :confused::thumbdown:

chew dz

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Ive had a chance to look at this more. Numerious libs need to be added. Boot.img needs to be modified with an updated RAM Disk for jellybean. Init.rc has to be modified for this device. Etc folder needs to be modified for audio compatibilty. WiMax will never work sense the needed binaries are not there. Radio layer interface will never work because this sdk was meant for LTE Enabled device. The kernel being used now is for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE and not the ET4G. Firmware folder is a no go. And thats all ive had time to look at thus far. :confused::thumbdown:

What happened to porting from the Nexus s 4g? I notice that seems to be the ideal device that devs port from for the E4GT. If I remember right, that's how some devs initially got aosp ROMs like ParanoidAndroid,AOKP, etc. working for the epic.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
What happened to porting from the Nexus s 4g? I notice that seems to be the ideal device that devs port from for the E4GT. If I remember right, that's how some devs initially got aosp ROMs like ParanoidAndroid,AOKP, etc. working for the epic.

Sprint Samsung Nexus S 4G would be an ideal port partner :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress