CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch

khari998

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM10 alpha4.4: Android 4.1.1 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Is the volume cap still present? I remember on an earlier build, when you would listen to music through headphones, there was a volume cap and no matter how many times you tried to increase it, it would not increase above somewhere near half way

Reactions: JigMicBlubber914

zmedhaug

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

The los issue is probably being caused by deep sleep. No los happens when Wi-Fi is on because the phone never goes into deep sleep. Any thoughts?

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

I would also like to overclock if possible. Loving the rom so far!

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

so far this rom is very responsive for me. I'm just curious why you would want to overclock? Isn't that just going to drain your battery faster?

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
The los issue is probably being caused by deep sleep. No los happens when Wi-Fi is on because the phone never goes into deep sleep. Any thoughts?

LOS seems to only happen to me when wifi is on and I lose connection to the network while in deep sleep. I had wifi off for 7 hours last night in deep sleep most of the time and no LOS.

No LOS if the phone is awake when go out of range of wifi.

Reactions: Bigt2003

anon(159083)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

New build up.

CM10 Alpha 4.4 ( Mirror )
- Fixed Screen rotation - thanks sbrissen
- Fixed superuser (May need to update the binary) - thanks sbrissen
- New CM10 boot animation
- CM Upstream

Phantom, I sent you a PM about the sd fixes that are currently incorporated into AOKP ICS on xda for the epic touch. Are these fixes going to be added to CM10 in the future? Everything works in the rom except for gameloft and ea games redownloading sd data because the external card is not noticed by these apps. Thanks for the awesome rom and continuous support for this phone.

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Aww. Bt media streaming doesn't work on 4.4...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Is this statement true that BT audio streaming does not work? If I can remember correctly, that was an issue with DK2's supposed port.

blackstar1914

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Been Running The ROM Since Yesterday And Only One Case Of The Airplane Big Everything Thing Else Is Fine

TehNyte

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Is the volume cap still present? I remember on an earlier build, when you would listen to music through headphones, there was a volume cap and no matter how many times you tried to increase it, it would not increase above somewhere near half way

Yeah I'm having the same problem, although the music sounds superb thanks to Jellybean's new music libs, but sadly I think that's what's causing the 30% volume cap and/or bug

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by Bigt2003
Aww. Bt media streaming doesn't work on 4.4...

Is this statement true that BT audio streaming does not work? If I can remember correctly, that was an issue with DK2's supposed port.
Its a problem with aosp jelly bean, not the ROM based on what I have heard.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

blackstar1914

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

i just disable direct volume control in poweramp then with volume+ change the simple volume boost in headset settings to +10. Not as effective as in ICS but it holds me over until the bug is fixed.

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Its a problem with aosp jelly bean, not the ROM based on what I have heard.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I only noticed a problem sometimes. Everything works pretty good with this rom. Enough to be a daily driver. The only problem I have seen is the Airplane bug, BT audio streaming, and volume cap.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
BT streaming works on DK's last rom, so maybe we can find out where he "borrowed" that fix from and use it here.

No need to put quotations around it. You're using the forums to discredit someone that has left due to issues with his ROMs. You've been here longer than me so you should know that bashing isn't allowed. And he didn't borrow the patch , he made it himself. Any issues with what I said, can be brought up with me via PM, and non-compliance can and will be directed to the appropriate moderator.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch running the world's best operating system.

Shadefactor

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Loving this ROM, only probs for me is airplane bug (doesn't happen too much) and the volumebug where when yyou're listening to music and you get a notification your volume drops until you mess with the volume.

Bigt2003

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
No need to put quotations around it. You're using the forums to discredit someone that has left due to issues with his ROMs. You've been here longer than me so you should know that bashing isn't allowed. And he didn't borrow the patch , he made it himself. Any issues with what I said, can be brought up with me via PM, and non-compliance can and will be directed to the appropriate moderator.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch running the world's best operating system.

Wow. That was supposed to be a joke. Lighten up, not everyone's wrapped up in forum drama.

The point that you missed was that it's not a rom issue like lifehacker101 thought, there is a way to get BT streaming working without reinventing the wheel. Maybe if we forgave DK instead of ostracizing him we could use it.

If understanding what Open Source means, and joking when people get bent out of shape over it is against the rules, let me know. I'll go back to XDA High.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez