Going nexus after e4gt? Also, how is aosp?

hurricanedt

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
After the experience with bad updates (terrible battery life) with this phone, who is going nexus from now on? I know I for sure am. I like stock Android and being able to get quick updates.

Also, does anyone have aosp on their e4gt? If so, how is it? I am considering going to it. How is battery life and performance on it? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
After the experience with bad updates (terrible battery life) with this phone, who is going nexus from now on? I know I for sure am. I like stock Android and being able to get quick updates.

Also, does anyone have aosp on their e4gt? If so, how is it? I am considering going to it. How is battery life and performance on it? Thanks!

I rather keep my E4GT til it reaches end of life. I'm loyal, lmao.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not up for a new phone for at least a year. Back when I got this E4GT it was between this and the last Google Nexus and I went with the E4GT because of the two-for-one deal. That said, even if the Nexus 4 does come out on Sprint (it's GSM-only for now) the non-replaceable battery is a deal-killer for me and I'm not keen on having *extra* glass (on the back) to break! Aesthetics are great for *selling* a phone but it doesn't always make practical sense (to me).

hurricanedt

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not up for a new phone for at least a year. Back when I got this E4GT it was between this and the last Google Nexus and I went with the E4GT because of the two-for-one deal. That said, even if the Nexus 4 does come out on Sprint (it's GSM-only for now) the non-replaceable battery is a deal-killer for me and I'm not keen on having *extra* glass (on the back) to break! Aesthetics are great for *selling* a phone but it doesn't always make practical sense (to me).

I understand that, that is why we have choices right? :) some phones that are terrible for some people are great for others. For me, I will have a case to protect it anyway and the software benefits are huge. Always getting the updates, the fastest too.

hurricanedt

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought cdma variant always had problems receiving timely updates on nexus'

sent from MY BAD A$$ ET4G

Yes, you're right. It is better than non nexus though. But I'm hoping to go to gsm eventually anyway.

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Have you found a good AOSP rom?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting the Nexus 4 for myself, and my wife. $350 for a phone with those specs is worth paying the ETF to me, and move on to a prepaid carrier.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting the Nexus 4 for myself, and my wife. $350 for a phone with those specs is worth paying the ETF to me, and move on to a prepaid carrier.
Me 2. Going to T-Mo or Simply Mobile with the Nexus 4. HSPA+ where I live blows WiMax away, so I'm not too bummed about no LTE. I'll be curious to see reviews on the camera. That is the only thing that concerns me a bit on the N4. But a killer phone for $350 and $50/mo Unlimited everything is a no-brainer for me. Looking forward to immediate Android updates and updates that aren't half-baked and bloated with carrier and manufacturer junk.

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
A one year warranty on a phone that has a non-removable battery doesnt appeal to me. I have yet to find a batt that will charge the same after about a year. Plus, it will probably be a while before a google phone makes it back to Sprint anyway.

In regards to ASOP question, it is my understanding that all still have bugs. If you can handle the bugs they can be used as DD Hybrids are little less buggy, but able to be used for DD pretty good. I have been on CN(A) Joyride and I have been pretty happy.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I find pure Android to be a bit boring and limited in features. I far prefer Cyanogenmod and the various ROMs based from it like AOKP, PA, CNA etc. Every Nexus device will likely have those options developed for it though so it's basically a non issue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I will not be giving up my ET4G, just used my sprint upgrade on the 1st to get it free from Bestbuy, Lol.

I also have T-Mobile prepaid using Galaxy Exhibit, will be purchasing N4 after holidays, just because I can.

Before anyone asks, I have T-Mobile and GSM phones because I spend a great deal of the year in Mexico, Sprint CMDA has no chip and I need the chip slot when I switch over to Telcel in Mexico.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm on a aosp rom right now. Everything works

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352094070034.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352094070034.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352094098704.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352094098704.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352094114858.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352094114858.jpg