Anyone else getting a lot of little micro scratches for no apparent reason?

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I first noticed a few scratches 2-3 days ago and now I just noticed a few more on one of the bottom corners on the back.. I haven't dropped the phone... haven't slid it, haven't set it on any type of abrasive surface... it's literally been either alone in my pocket or in my hand. Even when its in my car it's sitting on my leather passenger seat. I really don't understand where these scratches are coming from or how they are even possible. I would think it would take something noticeable to scratch this thing but here I am, less than a week owning it and there are more scratches on the back than on my last 15 phones combined.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have them at two places:

- Bottom left corner, and,
- Just below the dual lens

Absolutely hate it and no idea how it got there in the first place!

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Mine has a few hairline scratches on the back. I had to clean it with microfiber and hit it with bright light to find them. Scratches don't bother me but a crack or chip would. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

This is easily on the softer side of commercial ceramics. Something completely scratch-proof would be even more brittle and therefore more expensive. That's not an excuse, just an explanation.

Edit: Perhaps what we're seeing are actually scratches in an oleophobic coating.

Last edited:

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It hard to tell but I do have some microscratches, which I don't care about. I don't skin nor glass protect so I'm used it. I do however keep the phone in a sleeve when it's in my pocket.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Happy to say mine is scratch free at this point. My S8 had scratches on the back after the first day of similar daily use so this would seem more durable than the S8 for my usage. Phone is either on my desk or in my front pocket.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Where did you find a sleeve?

Just a random sleeve on Amazon for the GS7 Edge. It sucks but is suffice. I'm thinking of ordering this one maybe.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DKK52A...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5970798

I hate buying stuff for this phone cause I don't plan on keeping it but the way things are going I might just end up being stuck with it.

There is also a TPU case available for it

Essential Clear Back Case - Viva Madrid America Metalico Flex Case