1800 mah batteries from ebay?

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have seen plenty here about the 1500 mah from ebay (and i have a set). I was wondering if anyone has tried the 1800? I see a few reasonable priced choices. Some from china and some usa. Just wondering if they are worth buying...if they actually last longer than the 1500s???

kruglovus

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got this 1800mAh battery $7.88 (free S&H) High Quality Battery for Sprint HTC Evo 4G 1800mAh NEW - eBay (item 250660823158) Purchased it on July 9th, received July 26th, all the way from China.
It is a little hard to take out because of its rounded sides, but a soft pop on the screen side of the phone and the battery falls out. I put it in, charged it, 7 hours of light use later it's at 37% left. But this number doesn't mean much, because I am in the middle of testing custom ROMs, so most likely my configuration is not battery efficient. It feels like it lasts a little longer than the original HTC 1500mAh battery, but I'd like to run some tests.

Is there a battery monitor app that shows both voltage and electrical current (V and mA, respectively)? Using these I can calculate the real number for the mAh. Or, maybe there is an app that loads the CPU and runs continuously until the battery is empty? With this I could compare the full discharge time of this battery vs. the stock one.

nmatt25

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting for my to come in the mail ... will update as soon as they come ... I bought the same one on ebay along with a second one with a wall charger that I can keep at work

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
how good are they compared to the stock battery that it comes with?
any of these a hoax? i had read somewhere that some of these batteries dont have the charge they say they do

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
how good are they compared to the stock battery that it comes with?
any of these a hoax? i had read somewhere that some of these batteries dont have the charge they say they do

i read somewhere that elvis is alive to... lol

i am also curious as to real world experience with them

please keep us updated

kruglovus

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Update to my previous post about 1800 mAh GaliliO DPD-T7373 PHIEIPS.

It was liberating to have a fully charged extra battery and EVO's very fast boot time, so I ran that 1800mAh battery to the limit. With moderate usage (I made more than average calls, web browsing, and maps navigation) and no task killer involved the battery died in 11.5 hours. Me happy :D

It looks like Neocore app started as Interactive keeps running until manually stopped. I will run the following test to compare this 1800mAh battery with the stock 1500mAh: set screen brightness to maximum, turn on Airplane mode (turn off all radios and auto-sync), power down the phone, fully charge the battery (until green LED), power up the phone, start Neocore -> Interactive, and time it until the battery dies. I will post my results later.

johnnychimpo

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I got this 1800mAh battery $7.88 (free S&H) High Quality Battery for Sprint HTC Evo 4G 1800mAh NEW - eBay (item 250660823158) Purchased it on July 9th, received July 26th, all the way from China.
It is a little hard to take out because of its rounded sides, but a soft pop on the screen side of the phone and the battery falls out. I put it in, charged it, 7 hours of light use later it's at 37% left. But this number doesn't mean much, because I am in the middle of testing custom ROMs, so most likely my configuration is not battery efficient. It feels like it lasts a little longer than the original HTC 1500mAh battery, but I'd like to run some tests.

Is there a battery monitor app that shows both voltage and electrical current (V and mA, respectively)? Using these I can calculate the real number for the mAh. Or, maybe there is an app that loads the CPU and runs continuously until the battery is empty? With this I could compare the full discharge time of this battery vs. the stock one.

Got this same battery off ebay. Ran some test with my R/C charger. With a slow 25mah discharge rate i got around 1524mAh out of the pack. No where close to the advertised 1800mAh. On my charge input to the pack when discharged to 3.0v it took back around 1754mah. Maybe a few weeks running this battery will show its full capacity. I dunno. For the most part its performing like the OEM battery.

Last edited:

kruglovus

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Test result of full discharge 1800 mAh GaliliO DPD-T7373 PHIEIPS battery with Neocore

Test conditions:
- Set screen brightness to maximum, turn off volume (Silent mode)
- Turn on Airplane mode (turn off all radios and auto-sync)
- Power down the phone
- Fully charge the battery (until green LED)
- Power up the phone
- Start Neocore -> Interactive
- Measure time until phone shuts off (battery dies)
Note: at 15%-battery-left warning press OK to continue the test

Results:
1500 mAh stock battery:
- 15%-battery-left at 2 hours 25 minutes (145 minutes)
- Phone shut off at 2 hours 56 minutes (176 minutes)

1800 mAh Chinese battery:
- 15%-battery-left at 2 hours 35 minutes (155 minutes)
- Phone shut off at 3 hours 04 minutes (184 minutes)

Analysis:
- The 15%-battery-left warning appeared after 82.4% (145/176) into the test for the stock 1500mAh battery, and 84.2% (155/184) for the Chinese 1800mAh battery. This is roughly correct, because the test time did not included the phone boot time and Neocore launch time.
- The Chinese 1800mAh battery last only 2.79% longer ((184-176)/176) than the stock 1500mAh. Assuming the stock battery from HTC has indeed the capacity of 1500mAh, then the Chinese battery is only 1542mAh. This is crazy close to johnnychimpo's measurement of 1524mAh.
- So, the Chinese 1800mAh battery is only marginally better, but considering that Android boot time is only about 1 minute (CM6 RC1), I am comfortable swapping batteries in the middle of the day, if one dies. With 2 batteries I can get at least 24 hours of moderate use.

P.S. I had to test the Chinese battery twice, because the first attempt was after uneven charging (charged to 40%, unplugged, charged to 60%, unplugged, charged till green LED), and gave me very poor result (15% in 2:00, off in 2:19). Both test results above were performed after overnight charging, so I trust them more.

P.P.S. These were 9 hours of my phone life (my life with the phone) sacrificed in the name of science.:(

Reactions: qwalls

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
i ordered the Red 1800mah battery with battery charger and will do some testing on DC roms 3.2.3 and 3.5 beta 2 and see if there is any improvement with regular use and heavy use

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress