Just recieved my Offical EVO dock, pictures & questions answered here !

DaveNagy

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't 20 seconds with a drill fix the "camera is blocked" problem? You'd want to be careful not to weaken that "arm" too much, but the actual lens on the Evo is tiny, so I bet it could be done.

Extra points if you glue a little bitty lens-hood on to the dock while you are at it.

Can someone with the dock take a picture of the area in question?

jfultz14976

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got this dock on Tuesday (and my EVO for that matter, its actually the reason I got the EVO and not the Epic) and I am loving it, I'm in the car all day so it makes it really easy to use. The only "problem" I have is that the dock does not seen to charge the phone very fast (again I've only had the phone for 4 days now so it just may be slow to charge in general) I am using a Sprint branded car charger I had for my Pre (5V 0.85A). I noticed that the dock specifies 1A so maybe I just need a more powerful charger.

Is anyone else noticing "slow" charging?

Also what is everyone using for power? Seems like most have the USB port, unfortunately i do not.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Just picked mine up from the Sprint store @ 23rd St. in the Flatiron District. Very sturdy! Me likee. The sales lady had no idea what I was talking about. She finally went and asked a tech and he showed her where it was hidden.

Likingthepre

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes very slow to charge. I have the Moto charger and it is rated @. 85A. The phone charges just fine connected to the charger. However when I connect the phone to the dock with the charger it only breaks even and maintains the charge.

I am going to order the HTC car charger to see of that helps.

Sent from my HTC EVO using TapaTalk.

Likingthepre

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Got the official HTC charger today after I got home from work. Will test it on the way in to work tomorrow and let you all know how it performs.

Likingthepre

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
So, 42 minute drive = 16 percent increase in battery charge. I don't know what the change would be in the same amount of time using the old charger... I will try that on Monday.

Likingthepre

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the charger via the EVO accessories link on android central. I will try to update the thread with a link once on my laptop.

mlm1950

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is this the one?

6902.jpg

Examiner19

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Car charger with HTC Car Dock? I have searched and believe this may be normal, but cannot find a post that explains this clearly.

I have a 1 amp car charger that shows up as AC power when connected directly to the phone; however, it shows up as USB when connected through the HTC car dock. Is this normal, or does the official HTC Car Charger in the Android Central store work as AC power when connected through the dock?

The bottom line issue is that with GPS/Navigation going, the car dock power (showing as USB) does not keep up with the drain and I end up losing power when using the GPS/Navigation. I have the same result on vanilla Sense Rom and CM6.

I appreciate any thoughts on this.

Last edited:

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Car charger with HTC Car Dock? I have searched and believe this may be normal, but cannot find a post that explains this clearly.

I have a 1 amp car charger that shows up as AC power when connected directly to the phone; however, it shows up as USB when connected through the HTC car dock. Is this normal, or does the official HTC Car Charger in the Android Central store work as AC power when connected through the dock?

The bottom line issue is that with GPS/Navigation going, the car dock power (showing as USB) does not keep up with the drain and I end up losing power when using the GPS/Navigation. I have the same result on vanilla Sense Rom and CM6.

I appreciate any thoughts on this.

i am using the sprint car charger with mine and i am not going backwards on ym charge docked with gps data and pandora going

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana