Why can't I type on Facebook?

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Screenshot_2015-12-28-06-26-32.pngWhen I try to post, reply, comment of any kind on Facebook, the letters and words double and triple, its crazy! At first, it only happened when in relation to posting a picture of some sort, now it's almost impossible to use Facebook at all. I've even tried typing in a word program, copying and pasting in, it sometimes works. It doesn't matter if I use the app or browser (everything is updated), I even just put my tablet back to factory settings, nothing changed. I've contacted Facebook, but they don't reply. I'm running a Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F. Android version 5.0.1

I have a screenshot, but don't see where to place it here. Maybe once this posts I can edit or reply to show you what happens?

TIA for any help, I'm at my wits end!!

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forums! Have you already tried using a different keyboard like SwiftKey? It's a weird problem having problems with Facebook using the app and from the browser.

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes, before I wiped everything off and started again, I used Swiftkey. That had been one of my original thoughts, too. Sorry that I didn't mention that, I've tried so many things that I've forgotten some, ha ha.

I appreciate your reply, Javier!

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
As far as being strange that it does it from both the app and browser, I agree. My sons first reaction was that not using the app was the issue, but that didn't matter, either.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Can you use your Facebook account from a different device without having this problem? What happens if your son, for example, sign in with his account in your device? Same problem? I'm trying to get more clues of where the problem is, that specific device, some weird configuration in your account...

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I've tried that's close to what you're asking is I logged into my Facebook account on my husband's tablet, with the same results. Didn't matter (again) if I used the app or browser. So, I'm assuming it's a Facebook issue/setting.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd say there's some configuration in your account creating that conflict. I don't use Facebook so I can't check that for you. I'll ask to my son later and see if we can find that setting. Just in case check in your account security settings and search for an option to reset to default values (not sure if this is possible though).

I'll let you know if I find something.

Smidgekat

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi! Just wondered if you ever got this sorted? I have the exact same problem as you AND the exact same tablet!!! It's driving me crazy and I'd love to know how to sort it. Thanks in advance☺

allansez

May 10, 2017
Visit site
View attachment 211143When I try to post, reply, comment of any kind on Facebook, the letters and words double and triple, its crazy! At first, it only happened when in relation to posting a picture of some sort, now it's almost impossible to use Facebook at all. I've even tried typing in a word program, copying and pasting in, it sometimes works....

TIA for any help, I'm at my wits end!!

I'll second your experience. You're the first forum post, Google search result, etc etc that I've seen where my experience has been validated to a "T." Thank you, for that.
I refuse to use the Messenger App or Facebook App. So for the last 2 or 3 years, I've relied on the "request desktop version" option in whichever mobile browser I use. It seems to be a Facebook specific problem, and quite an annoying one at that. I've wondered, more than once, if facebook had deliberately broken something so that users would HAVE to download the FB Messenger app! Has anyone figured out a solution.. or delved into the cause?

Last edited:

datgrl

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I just got an Acer Android tablet. It's at 7.0. I can't type any direct messages on Facebook through a browser. As soon as I hit the space bar, it erases everything I've typed. I tried Opera, Brave, Chrome and Firefox. I don't use the mobile app. After reading the comments on Google Play about the latest version of the FB app, it doesn't seem viable to try. Is anyone working on a fix for this? Had I known about this issue, I wouldn't have bought the tablet.