What kind of case are you getting for the fascinate

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
What kind of case are you getting for the fascinate? Trying to figure out what kinda case to get for this bad boy. i looked at 3 that verizon had at the store but none really peeked my interest any.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the plain black silicone skin for now... I'm going to give it a couple weeks and I'm sure there will be more options available then

thetaylor310

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i bought the clear plastic one (methinks it's the $19 one)

i like the look and heft it gives to the phone, but i HATE how it's so hard to take off when you want to. At first i was ready to just rip it off my phone, but i luckily figured it out

Until a better one comes out, this will do for me

SouthernShred

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the clear plastic one and I broke it trying to take it off to do a battery removal reset...soooo, $18 more later, I have the "dual cover" case...part hard case, part rubberized silicone...my fave so far...protects it well...I also put one of the Verizon screen protectors on it...not my favorite, but it does the job for now...

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Same here on the 'dual cover". The best one VZW stores have for it right now. Still waiting on a good screen protector from SGP.

kvaughan#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Got the black shiny silicone one from Verizon today and I'm very satisfied with it so far. Good fit and looks great. Doesn't attract lint like the regular silicone.

shazbonk

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got a cheap black silicone one online, but pretty certain that I don't like it and prefer my phone without it. Also, it seems like it's obscuring the microphone at times. I'd prefer to have a case on if I found one I liked. I'd look into the dual cover if it were in more colors than red and blue. This one looks interesting although I don't know how much use I would get out of the kickstand.

kvaughan#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
It's very smooth but it's rubbery enough to get a good grip. Best I can explain it really. Basically I have no worries of this thing slipping out of my hand. I'm trying to find the link for it because I couldn't find it while browsing Verizon's website I came across it through Google.

Martian

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Got the black shiny silicone one from Verizon today and I'm very satisfied with it so far. Good fit and looks great. Doesn't attract lint like the regular silicone.

My thoughts exactly. My local VZW store had a tote with demos of every Facsinate accessory they sold (except the car mount) so I tried them all. I'll never use a truly hard case again as they tend to either damage the phone or break (or both) when installing / removing. I'll also never use the traditional textured silicon cases as they "stick" to everything and everything "sticks" to them. Although I guess I could use my phone as a lint roller in a pinch.

The case feels very close to the rubberized back found on many phones now days. It isn't quite as "grippy" but there is no danger of it slipping out of my hand. Without the case I constantly felt like I was going to drop my crazy expensive phone. It's also easier to get in and out of a pocket than the phones with the rubberized backs.

Lastly, while I like the silver (I wanna be an iPod) trim of the Fascinate, the phone looks much more "manly" in all black, and there is no longer any chance of it being accused of a "fruity" origin.

Martian