Fossil Carlyle Use Assistant to send SMS

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For some reason when I open Google Assistant in Gen 5 Fossil Carlyle to send an sms it finds the contact and allows me to speak the message. It converts it to text and puts up an icon to send or cancel. I hit send. A cloud icon with an x through it appears and it says unable to connect to phone.

If on the other hand I open contacts from apps list, find the contact, hit send sms then speak the message to microphone icon it converts to text and sends fine

Is there any way to get Google Assistant to work properly on the watch?

Google Assistant from phone can send messages with no problem.

Wear OS is useless without working Google Assistant!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If you see a crossed out cloud icon it means the watch WearOS is not fully connected to the google mother ship servers. So that means the more advanced functions of
WearOS will not fully operate.

WearOS does not display the specific advanced functions that are inoperative with that cloud icon. Its kind of a crap shoot when the cloud appears.

I dont own a carlyle, but the above are my observations with a gen4 explorist.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I know. That is not the issue. It just won't send sms through Google commands. It does send them fine manually.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My take on it has kind of been this... If i see the cloud icon, I don't expect everything to work as it should. That icon can pop up at any given moment too.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
As I said I know what the cloud - icon means. That is not the issue. SMS by Google verbal command never ever works ever NEVER N E V E R

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Oh OK I see... that stinks. I just tried it on my gen 4 and I can't get it to work either. Yet I can easily voice dictate SMS messages using android messages... just as you describe.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a great feature that for some reason won't work in fossil watches

I thought an update would fix it but never has. The problem is well known so someone out there may know a work around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer