TMO ETF Payments

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
For anyone that used TMO to pay off their ETF payments, how long does it typically take for Tmo to provide the gift/check card? I'm about to port 2 lines (1 at a time). Will I be able to pay in time before Sprint sends me to collections? How is the process?

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
4 weeks for me.

I wouldn't jeopardize your credit score if you don't have other funds in case something goes wrong with the gift cards.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not. Just trying to plan it out. I can throw it on another CC, and use the gift card to pay it off I assume.
So the process is, send them the final bill with the ETF charge, and existing phone? I was told from the Tmo rep that it could be any phone. I have a mint Note 3. It's worth more than what their trade-in value is. I'd rather send them a cheap phone I have laying around, and sell the Note 3 on my own.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Definitely not. Just trying to plan it out. I can throw it on another CC, and use the gift card to pay it off I assume.
So the process is, send them the final bill with the ETF charge, and existing phone? I was told from the Tmo rep that it could be any phone. I have a mint Note 3. It's worth more than what their trade-in value is. I'd rather send them a cheap phone I have laying around, and sell the Note 3 on my own.
I would sell the note 3. You have to trade in A DEVICE, it doesn't even have to work. My parents had 3 iPhone 5s from Verizon. I trade in old broken razors and bought 2 768's. My parents use the iPhone. The etf was approved within 14 days(took 5 weeks to get), so I returned the 768s and paid $25 restock fee on both.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thinking of switching from sprint to tmo this next week. Both my partner and I have the HTC one m7. They only offer 85 dollars towards trade in. We have an old evo 3d, so I can use that to trade in? Does it need to be the active phone on the account to trade it in towards paying off the etf?

I'm doing their one week trial now with the iPhone 5s, and I've been very happy with the service. I'm only seeing speeds of around 10 both directions, but even that is SOOOO much better than I've had with sprint. I've been with them for 14 years and I just can't keep waiting for them. We've had lte here for over a year, and I'm lucky to get 2 megs most of the time. Sometimes I hit that 20 mark, but it's very rare.

Posted via Android Central App

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Thinking of switching from sprint to tmo this next week. Both my partner and I have the HTC one m7. They only offer 85 dollars towards trade in. We have an old evo 3d, so I can use that to trade in? Does it need to be the active phone on the account to trade it in towards paying off the etf?

I'm doing their one week trial now with the iPhone 5s, and I've been very happy with the service. I'm only seeing speeds of around 10 both directions, but even that is SOOOO much better than I've had with sprint. I've been with them for 14 years and I just can't keep waiting for them. We've had lte here for over a year, and I'm lucky to get 2 megs most of the time. Sometimes I hit that 20 mark, but it's very rare.

Posted via Android Central App
Like I mentioned in an one of my earlier post. As long as you trade in A DEVICE, regardless of its conditon it counts. No, it does not need to be active. I traded in to old razors rather than the iPhones that my parents were using, when I brought them over.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually did not have to trade in anything. Somehow a trade device showed on my setup receipt. In checking my etf refund it showed I traded in a Optimus L9, which I never had. Maybe just store I went to but they didn't seem to care if you had a trade.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Like I mentioned in an one of my earlier post. As long as you trade in A DEVICE, regardless of its conditon it counts. No, it does not need to be active. I traded in to old razors rather than the iPhones that my parents were using, when I brought them over.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk

I am going to be switching from Verizon soon.

Do you know if the tradeins need to be VZW phones?
I have quite a few old Sprint phones I could "Trade In".

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I am going to be switching from Verizon soon.

Do you know if the tradeins need to be VZW phones?
I have quite a few old Sprint phones I could "Trade In".
It does not matter if the phone isn't from the carrier you are coming from. As long as you trade in A DEVICE. When they verify your ETF, they verify the amount by looking at the bill you submit. They look to see that you traded in A DEVICE and bought a phone from t mobile. Also, they make sure you ported your number over.

Sent from my LG G3 via The Uncarrier