Project Fi & Rooting

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone discovered any additional pros/cons to rooting while on Project Fi? I was using my rooted Nexus 6 while testing but I've just received the 6P that will be my Fi daily driver. I'm unsure whether I want to root that as well.

bzegil

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone discovered any additional pros/cons to rooting while on Project Fi? I was using my rooted Nexus 6 while testing but I've just received the 6P that will be my Fi daily driver. I'm unsure whether I want to root that as well.
My 6P is rooted, no Fi issues so far.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I should be getting my Fi SIM card today... so I'm looking at a lot of Project Fi threads as well as Nexus 6P threads on any and all subjects. Back in the old HTC Thunderbolt days (the beginning of LTE) I rooted and flashed a lot of different ROMs. Since then, not so much.

Question: Why root? I've read other threads and most will say their is some possibilities you might be less secure and open yourself to some that might steal your data or personal information. Are you wanting to root to flash a different ROM? Are you rooting to do something special that you could not do if it was not rooted? What's the fascination with rooting now-a-days?

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You can then use Lightflow to enable the LED for notifications
Titanium Backup can freeze/hide applications w/o uninstalling/re-installing
Power Toggles can restart the phone
Wugfresh allows you backup nearly everything

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You can then use Lightflow to enable the LED for notifications
Titanium Backup can freeze/hide applications w/o uninstalling/re-installing
Power Toggles can restart the phone
Wugfresh allows you backup nearly everything

By the way, Light Flow works if you are not rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana