Porting from Sprint to T-Mobile

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well at this rate, T-Mobile might just irritate me enough with their customer service that I'll leave them in a couple months.

I've had an open ticket for a an account issue for 8 days now with no resolution. I'm on my 3rd CS rep telling me to please allow 72 hours to look into this issue. Umm, you've had 72 hours 2 different times so far and I'm still having the same issue.
And I guess T-Mobile on Twitter is only interested in helping out with anything if you are on another carrier and interested in their service. Since I became a customer, T-Mobile has yet to respond to a single question directed at them.
Pretty sad first 15 days as far as customer service goes.

My experience is @TMobileHelp gets you help pretty quickly.

Also I would DM them, tell them you want them to call you.

Then tweet @TMobileHelp, include @JohnLegere in the tweet. Tell them you switched after 15 years with Sprint and it has been a nightmare and you need them to call you or you will switch back.

Also if they don't offer you credit, tell them you are unhappy with all the hours you have had to put into this.

The store person and manager messed up a lot on mine, that is exactly what I did. I didn't pay more than $50 for five lines and five phones for five months so far. I'm five months in and haven't paid more than $50 for a bill yet because of the nightmare.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
My experience is @TMobileHelp gets you help pretty quickly.

Also I would DM them, tell them you want them to call you.

Then tweet @TMobileHelp, include @JohnLegere in the tweet. Tell them you switched after 15 years with Sprint and it has been a nightmare and you need them to call you or you will switch back.

Also if they don't offer you credit, tell them you are unhappy with all the hours you have had to put into this.

The store person and manager messed up a lot on mine, that is exactly what I did. I didn't pay more than $50 for five lines and five phones for five months so far. I'm five months in and haven't paid more than $50 for a bill yet because of the nightmare.

Since I posted what you quoted, @tmobilehelp has been responding and helping via DM. However, there are limits to what they can do. They did give me a ticket number which I did not receive from the phone CSRs and they have escalated the issue. However, it took them 14 days to escalate.

I don't really want to deal with anyone on the phone at this point. Before they started helping on Twitter, I had placed 4-5 calls regarding this matter. 3 of the CSRs told me they were opening service tickets yet none of those ticket numbers were noted in my account. I basically wasted several hours over a 13 day period on the phone and nothing got accomplished. And 2 of those CSRs told me they would call me back with an update and I never heard from anyone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The people on Twitter are Executive Customer Care. If you have them call you, the one you are DM'ing with is the one that will call you. If they can resolve it on Twitter, great.. I just got tired of the typing and waiting for an answer. The Executive Customer Care can give any amount of credit they want to, more than 611 can..

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The people on Twitter are Executive Customer Care. If you have them call you, the one you are DM'ing with is the one that will call you. If they can resolve it on Twitter, great.. I just got tired of the typing and waiting for an answer. The Executive Customer Care can give any amount of credit they want to, more than 611 can..

Good information to know, thanks.

I may push them for credit if this continues to drag out any longer. I've explained the whole situation to them and all they have really said is thanks for your patience. They haven't offered up anything but I doubt they would out of the kindness of their hearts.

I'm a little hesitant on pushing for credit just because of how much money I'm waiting on them to approve. I signed up during the Sprint $200/line promo and brought over 5 lines plus I'm waiting on about $1,000 in ETF and phone payments.

I know that should have no bearing on what is going on with my service ticket but you never know.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Those are two different departments that handle payment. I had to deal with them also and I had to get ECC to contact them for me. I was waiting on about $1200 for reimbursement from them. Sometimes you get a good person that offers credit. Tell them you are still not feeling good about the switch, how they say it is easy and right now you don't have a good taste in your mouth.

Trust me, they do not want you leaving and want you to be happy. They pay a fortune for some of us to move to them.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Those are two different departments that handle payment. I had to deal with them also and I had to get ECC to contact them for me. I was waiting on about $1200 for reimbursement from them. Sometimes you get a good person that offers credit. Tell them you are still not feeling good about the switch, how they say it is easy and right now you don't have a good taste in your mouth.

Trust me, they do not want you leaving and want you to be happy. They pay a fortune for some of us to move to them.

I'm not really looking forward to having to deal with getting all the credits and payoffs if it doesn't just happen automatically like it's supposed to. I can't believe it's taken this long for them to fix a glitch in my account.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really looking forward to having to deal with getting all the credits and payoffs if it doesn't just happen automatically like it's supposed to. I can't believe it's taken this long for them to fix a glitch in my account.

Well when they do the credits, those are automatic. When Executive Customer Care gave me credit, it was on my account the next day at the latest. I didn't have one issue with a credit being there they told me they would do. The only issue was sometimes there was more credit than what they said there would be.

I do know this much, as I was with TMO for years, went to AT&T for a while and back to TMO.. If it is taking a long time to fix something that was messed up, something was messed up badly.

When it is something major like what you are having, I will only deal with Executive Customer Care.. Well I take that back, I almost always deal with Executive Customer Care. I left one account with TMO when I switched and so I'm part of the loyalty program. Regular customer care never seems to see how long we have been customers and Executive Customer Care does.

Keep up with the rebate, if the status hasn't changed in 6 weeks, customer care can give you a phone number to call, executive customer care can also check into it for you. I had issues with that also because the store manager didn't return one of the iPhones we traded in and lied to me and customer care. They took care of it and approved that payment without the phone even being returned. The store messed up several other things.

Let them get this straightened out and then it should be smooth. With all the crap the store messed up when I switched, I've become almost an expert at dealing with them, plus the years before when the customer care was much more like Verizon.

I took five lines from them a few years ago because of customer service and refusal of them to issue a $25 credit, that was the sole reason. I had two accounts and seven lines. We had been with them since they were Powertel. My dad started the account about 20 years ago and I took it over. For me to move the main account after 15 years and then move it back (never thought I would) customer care had to make a big change. Just stay on top of it and you will be happy, I know how it is trying to get a mess straightened out, but it is worth it.

Like I said, the mess the store made has ended up being credits of about $150 a month for 5 months for me. They have made up for the store screw up for me.

The store closest to me is always a problem and has been forever. I am fortunate that I have about 5 stores to choose from if I have an issue. I use a different store if I need to go to a store. Myself, I don't have an issue saying.. Your store has screwed everything up and this has used hours of my time and my job isn't to get my TMO account straightened out and and do have an actual job and I am not happy and you need to make me happy, I am paying you for a service, so what are you going to do about that? I know everyone isn't comfortable doing that. Sometimes you just have to say the right words and they will offer up credit. The highest credits will come from Executive Customer Care.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well when they do the credits, those are automatic. When Executive Customer Care gave me credit, it was on my account the next day at the latest. I didn't have one issue with a credit being there they told me they would do. The only issue was sometimes there was more credit than what they said there would be.

I do know this much, as I was with TMO for years, went to AT&T for a while and back to TMO.. If it is taking a long time to fix something that was messed up, something was messed up badly.

When it is something major like what you are having, I will only deal with Executive Customer Care.. Well I take that back, I almost always deal with Executive Customer Care. I left one account with TMO when I switched and so I'm part of the loyalty program. Regular customer care never seems to see how long we have been customers and Executive Customer Care does.

Keep up with the rebate, if the status hasn't changed in 6 weeks, customer care can give you a phone number to call, executive customer care can also check into it for you. I had issues with that also because the store manager didn't return one of the iPhones we traded in and lied to me and customer care. They took care of it and approved that payment without the phone even being returned. The store messed up several other things.

Let them get this straightened out and then it should be smooth. With all the crap the store messed up when I switched, I've become almost an expert at dealing with them, plus the years before when the customer care was much more like Verizon.

I took five lines from them a few years ago because of customer service and refusal of them to issue a $25 credit, that was the sole reason. I had two accounts and seven lines. We had been with them since they were Powertel. My dad started the account about 20 years ago and I took it over. For me to move the main account after 15 years and then move it back (never thought I would) customer care had to make a big change. Just stay on top of it and you will be happy, I know how it is trying to get a mess straightened out, but it is worth it.

Like I said, the mess the store made has ended up being credits of about $150 a month for 5 months for me. They have made up for the store screw up for me.

The store closest to me is always a problem and has been forever. I am fortunate that I have about 5 stores to choose from if I have an issue. I use a different store if I need to go to a store. Myself, I don't have an issue saying.. Your store has screwed everything up and this has used hours of my time and my job isn't to get my TMO account straightened out and and do have an actual job and I am not happy and you need to make me happy, I am paying you for a service, so what are you going to do about that? I know everyone isn't comfortable doing that. Sometimes you just have to say the right words and they will offer up credit. The highest credits will come from Executive Customer Care.

Well, unfortunately I can't track the ETF/payoff submission because I was in a unique position where I had ETF and phone payment on the same line (Sprint basically lied to me about this and then just dropped the fee on me on the final bill but whatever at this point) so I had to send an email as my submission. So other than them confirming they received my submission, I don't really have another way to track it like the website submissions. It says it will be paid in 8 weeks or less so we will see.

I think the most frustrating part is how long it has taken to actually assign my ticket to someone. The fact that it sat in their system for 14 days before it got escalated is just absurd. And every time I waited their timeframe before contacting again and they still kept waiting to escalate.

Their excuse for all this is the holidays got them backed up but I'm not buying that one bit.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You need to get the ETF department and call them, it should still be entered in the website.

Holidays, especially Christmas, are always extremely busy for cell phone companies. So many people get new phones for Christmas and they are activating and also they always have good sales and promotions and people are switching.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You need to get the ETF department and call them, it should still be entered in the website.

Holidays, especially Christmas, are always extremely busy for cell phone companies. So many people get new phones for Christmas and they are activating and also they always have good sales and promotions and people are switching.

I actually found on the website where it mentioned to send the email in this specific case instead of submitting online. That was completely different than anything I had heard so I called and confirmed it as well. The generic confirmation email that they sent back even said if ETF/payoff on the same line, this is the correct way. If this doesn't describe your situation, please submit online. So I feel pretty confident it's submitted correctly.

I understand them being busy around the holidays. I expect a reasonable delay. However, if that's the case, then they shouldn't tell me 8 or 9 different times over the last month to wait 2 days or 3 days or 5 days to check back. Just say due to overwhelming response to promotions and the holidays, our team is behind and this service ticket may take 14 days to be resolved. OK, I can understand that. Then I'm not wasting time every couple of days following up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh no company is ever going to say that, but I understand you wanting that. I'm that way too.

It still doesn't show you submitted it on the rebate page? Rebates don't have to be submitted online, they can always be done email also.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh no company is ever going to say that, but I understand you wanting that. I'm that way too.

It still doesn't show you submitted it on the rebate page? Rebates don't have to be submitted online, they can always be done email also.

Not a rebate that I had to submit via email, the reimbursement for Sprint ETF/phone payment. Due to both being on the same line, the switch2t-mobile website says to send an email as opposed to submitting online.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Right I understand. When I was getting ready to submit my paperwork for everything, they told me I could do it online or email.

They didn't mean rebate but meant refund.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Right I understand. When I was getting ready to submit my paperwork for everything, they told me I could do it online or email.

They didn't mean rebate but meant refund.

Gotcha. Yeah they told me if I submitted online it may not process correctly so to be sure to email. I guess I'll see how much follow up has to happen in about 7 weeks.

On another note, my service ticket has been open for 21 days now and 7 days in escalated status. I'll probably wait until Friday to ask for another update.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well call around week 5 or 6 to check. Most people get it back in 4-5 weeks. Mine took 8 but I didn't call and check until the 8th week when I didn't see the "processing" status change. They said then I should have called earlier. They had to manually enter it again and approve it.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope my port in credit hits soon. We only had 2 lines, and this will be the 2nd bill I'm paying. If it's not on this one I'll be calling to make sure.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I hope my port in credit hits soon. We only had 2 lines, and this will be the 2nd bill I'm paying. If it's not on this one I'll be calling to make sure.

Posted via the Android Central App

I joined T-Mobile on December 5th if that helps you with a timeframe for checking on your credit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95