Waiting for Unlock to go through...

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Called Sprint today to have my Note 5 and S5 domestically unlocked, got no resistance and agent said it will be 24 to 48 hours till it goes through. Now my question is will I get an alert on the phones that it it done? Is it automatic or will I get some code or something?

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Called Sprint today to have my Note 5 and S5 domestically unlocked, got no resistance and agent said it will be 24 to 48 hours till it goes through. Now my question is will I get an alert on the phones that it it done? Is it automatic or will I get some code or something?
You will need to call back after 48 hours to ensure that it was successfully unlocked, you will not get any notification that it has been unlocked, other than calling back in and confirming it.

Also if they actually submitted the request, they should have provided you with a ticket or reference number for the request.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I did get reference numbers for both unlocks, the note 5 and S5. Told them we will be upgrading and the old phones will be given to family members on AT&T.

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So I would call care back after 48 hours to have them check the unlock requests and if they have not been processed, escalate the call to a supervisor.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
CAll back anda got it unlocked, no more invalid sim when I use my AT&T sim. Programmed in the AT&T APN and still not getting mobile data. But It's unlocked.

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Try updating the profile on the phones. If necessary fully retrovision the carrier services by dialing##72786# in phone dialer. This should clear out any Sprint programming in the device and trigger phone to reboot and go through hands free activation again and program and provision with services from new carrier

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I did get a bit farther this time using the ##72786# but still no go. It says it activated, updated PRL, and then crashes when it's reporting the firmware version to the server. I still have a week left on my Sprint line so I'm not fully ready to port my number over yet to this AT&T line, but I can tell you I get full bars in the back room of my house where Sprint gets 1-2.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I did get a bit farther this time using the ##72786# but still no go. It says it activated, updated PRL, and then crashes when it's reporting the firmware version to the server. I still have a week left on my Sprint line so I'm not fully ready to port my number over yet to this AT&T line, but I can tell you I get full bars in the back room of my house where Sprint gets 1-2.
Bars mean nothing really, it's all dependant on which band you're on. On my wife's iPhone 6s, With 2 bars she pulls 70-90mbps on b41.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Bars aren't a good signal indicator due to each phone calculating them differently. Always check the actual -dBm signal for the true signal strength.