New Verizon UDP tether question

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: New Verizon UDP!!

You get 10 GB of LTE speed and then you get 3g speeds after. Even if you use a 3rd party app this will happen.

sardar615

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

You get 10 GB of LTE speed and then you get 3g speeds after. Even if you use a 3rd party app this will happen.

Thanks, I believe I read that somewhere, but I guess, it didn't click in my head. Also, can the kids stream YouTube on 3G (2 possible devices)? Also, can the phone be used while the Hotspot is active? Meaning, can I be on a call, or browsing the web on my phone while the hotspot is active on the phone?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, I believe I read that somewhere, but I guess, it didn't click in my head. Also, can the kids stream YouTube on 3G (2 possible devices)? Also, can the phone be used while the Hotspot is active? Meaning, can I be on a call, or browsing the web on my phone while the hotspot is active on the phone?

YouTube may be a stretch as 3G isn't that fast. The phone should still be usable while on a call (and data will stay active) as long as you have "Advanced Calling" activated.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

YouTube may be a stretch as 3G isn't that fast. The phone should still be usable while on a call (and data will stay active) as long as you have "Advanced Calling" activated.

Verizon 3g is capable of streaming decent quality video. I just dropped my phone into 3g and it worked fine streaming and no buffering problems. However this is real 3g not Verizon's throttled 512kbps 3g which is much slower than the 3g speeds that i am seeing where i am now so you probably would be worse off on the throttled plan.

That's one of the reasons why I am keeping my 200gb plan that can be used fully on device and fully on hotspot... But of course it costs more.

0ae41ba48ad161651b7cb72e70a42f62.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa