Thinking about T-mobile need answers

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a 25 year verizon customer with 4 lines. As my contracts run out, im thinking of changing to T-Mobile. I have 1 line ready now. I've got a phone that works on T-mobile. Was wondering how much 1 line is, and can I add lines to my plan as they run out. I get different prices when I tried to look it up.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The prices are pretty well set on their webpage. I would call the number or visit a local store, as they can put all the information right in front of you, in plain black and white. As far as "waiting" for the lines to run out, they pay your early termination fees, if you decide to go that route.
But before you do anything, make sure that t-mobile works in all the areas that you need it to. While there is no doubt that t-mobile has been increasing their coverage at a very rapid rate, there are areas that verizon still destroys them. For those that live in areas that t-mobile covers, it's all very good, but if you're NOT in an area that has coverage, it can be rather frustrating.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI we switched to TMO a few months ago and learned after the fact that they will pay ETF *or* pay the switch promo but they won't pay both. So we got 1/2 of what we thought we'd get. We had to choose one or the other.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI we switched to TMO a few months ago and learned after the fact that they will pay ETF *or* pay the switch promo but they won't pay both. So we got 1/2 of what we thought we'd get. We had to choose one or the other.

Not sure what you mean by switch promo?

ebrombe

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I believe it's $70 for a single line with unlimited everything and it goes from there. I believe if add up to 4 lines it's $140 which includes unlimited everything for each line on special promotion now. I would recommend going into a local retailer and ask questions about getting set up

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I believe it's $70 for a single line with unlimited everything and it goes from there. I believe if add up to 4 lines it's $140 which includes unlimited everything for each line on special promotion now. I would recommend going into a local retailer and ask questions about getting set up

These prices are correct on auto-pay.

OP: You should also know that when you download the T-Mobile app you can go to the profile setting on each line and enable the "kick back" option. When you do this, anyone that uses less than 2GB of data will receive a $10 discount on your bill.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
FYI you get a $20 discount with Kickback. We just got our first discount. Went from $160 for the 4 of us to $140. My elderly mom never uses data so we will get this discount pretty much every month.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The prices are pretty well set on their webpage. I would call the number or visit a local store, as they can put all the information right in front of you, in plain black and white. As far as "waiting" for the lines to run out, they pay your early termination fees, if you decide to go that route.
But before you do anything, make sure that t-mobile works in all the areas that you need it to. While there is no doubt that t-mobile has been increasing their coverage at a very rapid rate, there are areas that verizon still destroys them. For those that live in areas that t-mobile covers, it's all very good, but if you're NOT in an area that has coverage, it can be rather frustrating.

I checked by a co-workers Samsung phone getting service at work and my dad's Samsung at his house. I hoped I would at my apartment and I do. I get it just about everywhere. The hospital was a bit hard on my Note 5 and my dads old S phone didn't at all.

I switched when Verizon took away unlimited. I have no reason to go back any time soon.