T-Mobile to pay off Verizon customer phones, no trade in required. $15 insurance req'd.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wondering how long you have to stay a T-Mo customer for this to work? None of the fine print really addressed that.
60 days. I highlighted​ the fine print below.
7e7bf33e1aff4918f41c8a2a3e387bca.jpg

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I believe the 60-day limitation applies to the amount of time you've had to own the pixel. They don't want people running out and buying a pixel then coming in to get it paid off by T-Mobile.

I'm still trying to figure out how long I would have to keep the t-mobile service...assuming I don't like it of course. ;)

If I can switch, collect $650, then switch back to Verizon within a month or two, that would be worth it to me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe the 60-day limitation applies to the amount of time you've had to own the pixel. They don't want people running out and buying a pixel then coming in to get it paid off by T-Mobile.

I'm still trying to figure out how long I would have to keep the t-mobile service...assuming I don't like it of course. ;)

If I can switch, collect $650, then switch back to Verizon within a month or two, that would be worth it to me.
Ah very true! That didn't even Dawn on me when I read it earlier today... Doh :x

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Still won't leave Verizon, I tried Tmobile on a prepaid a few months ago, service still has far too many dead spots in MN. Since I'm on a family plan that won't switch, my bill would increase going on my own even if T-Mobile had good enough coverage anyway.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I switched to T-Mobile in January from AT&T and it has been nothing but problems.they lied to me about how much they would reimburse me to switch. They lost our phones. Use caution.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I switched to T-Mobile in January from AT&T and it has been nothing but problems.they lied to me about how much they would reimburse me to switch. They lost our phones. Use caution.

Keep contacting them... Contact legere or contact state ag, bbb, or follow the dispute process in your T-Mobile customer agreement.

This sort of thing unfortunately happens on all carriers.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Keep contacting them... Contact legere or contact state ag, bbb, or follow the dispute process in your T-Mobile customer agreement.

This sort of thing unfortunately happens on all carriers.

At this point I am waiting for the card. I have a tracking number and will keep an eye on it. This is worse than I ever had with Verizon or AT&T. Even all the reps agreed.

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Wondering how long you have to stay a T-Mo customer for this to work? None of the fine print really addressed that.
I've been hunting​ for this info myself as well. How long do I also have to keep the PDP? Can I buy another phone after x days and remove the PDP and still own the switched Verizon phone?

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and completed the promo. Had 2 Pixel & 1 Pixel XL from Verizon, received my virtual card with $1513.00 several days ago. The whole process was pretty painless, it had a more difficult time trying to pay my balance off. Once your account is closed you have to access online bill pay by going to verizonwireless.com/paymybill, and since the balance due on the devices will be on next month's bill it will not allow my to pay the off now, will only allow you to pay over $500 from amount due.

I am not sure why T-mobile has/had this crazy offer, I now have paid off Pixel phones a cheaper bill with T-mobile (not bad coverage in DFW) and will have a cheaper bill once I move to At&T.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I switched my Pixel XL on June 1, got a virtual card for $652 on the 15th, paid off my device, then switched back to Verizon on the 16th. I paid a $26 activation charge and $90 bill, so I netted $536. Truthfully I would have considered staying with them, but I played golf on Father's Day and had no coverage while on my favorite course. My SkyDroid GPS was useless, so that was it for T-Mob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress