Veteran Discount

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I did not see this come up on the search.
If you have more than 1 line, Tmobile offers veterans 50% off of their bill. They also give an auto pay credit, which brings unlimited calls with unlimited data and messaging for $10 per additional line. Overseas roaming is free and included.
Netflix is thrown in for free.
I'm not a tmobile employee or stockholder.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Great offer (especially since I'm already on TMO and it covers everywhere I need covered - but I'm just one person, so even though I qualify on the other points (and I'm a senior, so I qualify for the 55+ plan) it does me no good.

But thanks for posting.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
T-Mobile offers a lot of service discounts and gives me the most bang for my buck.

Anyone who is either Active Military or a Veteran should take advantage of these service discounts whether you're a current customer or new customer.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Great offer (especially since I'm already on TMO and it covers everywhere I need covered - but I'm just one person, so even though I qualify on the other points (and I'm a senior, so I qualify for the 55+ plan) it does me no good.

But thanks for posting.
What's nice is you can get a 2nd phone line so cheap, and the offer extends to the unlimited 4g LTE tablets, which I took advantage of. The tablet used over 300 GB last month with no throttling.
If you run the numbers, and you're able to cancel paying for Netflix because you already pay for it, and use the auto pay, you might be out of pocket less per month by getting a 2nd line to qualify for the military plan.
That's the way I told myself it made sense. And I am happy with the extra S8 active in addition to the 9plus.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's good if you can get said veteran discount.

The throttle only happens in congested areas so just because you didn't see it doesn't mean another won't. It's super location dependent.
What's nice is you can get a 2nd phone line so cheap, and the offer extends to the unlimited 4g LTE tablets, which I took advantage of. The tablet used over 300 GB last month with no throttling.
If you run the numbers, and you're able to cancel paying for Netflix because you already pay for it, and use the auto pay, you might be out of pocket less per month by getting a 2nd line to qualify for the military plan.
That's the way I told myself it made sense. And I am happy with the extra S8 active in addition to the 9plus.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
That's good if you can get said veteran discount.

The throttle only happens in congested areas so just because you didn't see it doesn't mean another won't. It's super location dependent.
I did luck out with the location I am in for lack of throttling. I'm in the middle of a valley in the Berkshires, with a small population, but a nice new tower at the FD I can see from my roof.
I typically get speeds faster than my wired Spectrum internet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I did luck out with the location I am in for lack of throttling. I'm in the middle of a valley in the Berkshires, with a small population, but a nice new tower at the FD I can see from my roof.
I typically get speeds faster than my wired Spectrum internet.

Yep that is how my area was (and kinda still is in some cases for some) with LTE from Verizon/T-Mobile being nuts in our area. We have fiber now though so LTE can't touch our speeds ... yet :p. haha.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently trialing T-Mobile in my area. Opened a new account with Miltary discount. if all checks out will definitely be moving the entire family over. But gotta make sure we all get good coverage first. They give 14-days.

I was intrigued about T-Mobile after learning their Network doesn't neuter or remove features from unlocked phones. I've learned it is true. So far good coverage at home. Next to check work and school coverage.

$90 for unlimited everything (taxes and fees included), with Netflix is pretty good.

I look forward to dropping Verizon like a bad habit if all checks out. Verizon removes key features from unlocked phones. I only buy unlocked phones for the freedom. But don't appreciate being punished for no good reason.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I went from a $277 bill with Verizon to $120 with TM. I say that is supporting our service. Verizon gives better discounts to large corporation employees than it does to military.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been real happy with T-Mo after switching from At&t, $171 vs $70(55 plan) for 2 lines and $15 plus tax for the third line on a mint SIM that doesn't need Data. A savings of about $80...Plus T-Mo Tuesdays ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty