Thinking of dumping unlimited

AImbriano

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi all! I currently have a 4 line family plan (Nationwide T&T 1400). I was thinking of switching over to the verizon plan with 12gb of data between all of our lines. I currenly have 2 smart phones and 2 flip phones. Figured i would be able to get my parents smart phones by going this route as well as lower my monthly cost now that the unlimited price has increased. Ive called verizon multiple times but everytime i get a different answer on pricing. I was just wondering if someone could help me out with the breakdown of the new plan as well as know if i can still sell my unlmited data. Ive heard conflicting reports that you can no longer do AOL but havent been able to confirm this.
My current breakdown of plans
Total Monthly Cost: $215.84
Plan Charge: $100 + $9.99 - 19% Emplyee Discount = $79.10

Main Line: Nexus 6P (Averages 2gb per month of data)
Line Access $9.99
Unlimited Email & Web $49.99
Talk & Text $20 Discount
Total Line Cost after taxes $49.18

Line 2: Galaxy s6 (Averages .75gb per month of data)
Same breakdown of charges as main line
Total Line Cost after taxes $49.18

Line 3: Basic flip phone ( No data )
Line Charge $9.99 + Taxes = $19.19

Line 4: Basic flip phone ( No data )
Line Charge $9.99 + Taxes = $19.19

New Plan:
Verizon Plan 12Gb $80 - 19% Employee Discount = $64.80
Line 1: Existing Nexus 6P
Line Access $20
Line 2: Existing Samsung Galaxy s6
Line Access $20
Line 3: New Iphone 6
Line Access $20 + Device Fee $22.91 = $42.91
Line 4: New Iphone 6
Line Access $20 + Device Fee $22.91 = $42.91

Total Plan Cost w/ Estimated Taxes $220

Pricing works out around the same but the benefit would be everyone would have a smartphone. Also not sure how the employee discount applies here if its only to the main plan or does it apply to the main line $20 smartphone fee as well. Also verizon is so conflicting when it comes to getting a straight answer but i was told since the flip phones are older i would be able to get a trade in credit of $200 per phone which i could then use to lower my bill, but not sure how true this trade in credit is.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

sraider

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes you can still sell your UDP and AOL them. There is some unknown about who can accept a UDP. Business accounts can (I have a business acct and just did an AOL with UDP, no problems), and consumer accts with an existing UDP already on an account can. You will probably get offers here or sell on eBay. You will see high prices on eBay but most don't sell. $300 -$400 seems like the avérage price. The ones still under contract, lower UDP price, bring the little higher price.

Posted via the Android Central App

AImbriano

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. I would love to sell the UDP but not sure if its worth the trouble. Don't want to miss a step then potentially lose my current number. Both the UDP are off contact not sure if that makes a difference

AImbriano

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I was just thinking of another option. But not sure the costs and benefits. I own a landscaping business with a legit tax id for the past 11 years. What if i create a business plan and aol the 2 udp to the business account and keep my parents on their own plan. This may allow me to keep UDP and then i can shrink my parents plan to something a but more affordable

browetally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering switching to Verizon from AT&T with my 6 line business account. Are you guys saying I can get unlimited data on my plan?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Verizon no longer offers unlimited plans. If you can find someone selling theirs you might be able to buy it and transfer the liability.

Work with one of their business reps to see what they can do for you.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can still sell your UDP and AOL them. There is some unknown about who can accept a UDP. Business accounts can (I have a business acct and just did an AOL with UDP, no problems), and consumer accts with an existing UDP already on an account can. You will probably get offers here or sell on eBay. You will see high prices on eBay but most don't sell. $300 -$400 seems like the avérage price. The ones still under contract, lower UDP price, bring the little higher price.

Posted via the Android Central App

First, Android Central doesn't allow selling of accounts. However there are a number of places where you can sell it online. I sold mine recently for double that,and it went very quickly.

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
thinking of giving it up myself as well. same deal, 2 smartphones, 2 flips. I wouldn't be upgrading the flips but it looks like even switching to 12gigs between the two phones saves me like $15 a month and that's including two new monthly charges for a new smartphone. Seems worth being a little careful with data/wifi.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I dumped the UDP in October when VZ was raising my business line twenty bucks. I've got four high speed channels of wifi at the house and 12GB plus 2GB free for the road. VZ gave me $500 credit for new Note 5, didn't have to pay a bill for three plus months. Now I pay $15 a more a month and have a Note 5 and fast data speeds. No way was I going to pay more for UDP... don't need it anymore!

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
One month into Project FI and not changing my usage at all I used less than 0.6GB.... Less than $40 beats $125 last month. Sooner than later they would have taken my discount away and it would have gone to around $143. VZW wants UDPs gone, I grant their wish... I'm gone. They should have been more careful with what they wished for.

Posted via nexus 6p project FI

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
One month into Project FI and not changing my usage at all I used less than 0.6GB.... Less than $40 beats $125 last month. Sooner than later they would have taken my discount away and it would have gone to around $143. VZW wants UDPs gone, I grant their wish... I'm gone. They should have been more careful with what they wished for.

Posted via nexus 6p project FI
They wouldn't care if all unlimited data users left...

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
First, Android Central doesn't allow selling of accounts. However there are a number of places where you can sell it online. I sold mine recently for double that,and it went very quickly.

Where did you sell it? I have a VZW unlimited data plan with 450 minutes I want to sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex-1999