How to password protect app and file?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
How to password protect an app? For example Google Keep does not have a password protect feature and will auto open after pressing the Google Keep icon, after I press Google Keep icon I wish to have a password prompt asking me to scan fingerprint or pattern or maybe a digit password for Google Keep app only. Hope to have a password option for all apps.

How to password protect a file? For example if I press a file, I wish to have a password prompt asking me to scan my fingerprint or pattern or maybe a digit password before the file is opened.

Thanks

Using Samsung Note 8

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How to password protect an app? For example Google Keep does not have a password protect feature and will auto open after pressing the Google Keep icon, after I press Google Keep icon I wish to have a password prompt asking me to scan fingerprint or pattern or maybe a digit password for Google Keep app only. Hope to have a password option for all apps.

How to password protect a file? For example if I press a file, I wish to have a password prompt asking me to scan my fingerprint or pattern or maybe a digit password before the file is opened.

Thanks

Using Samsung Note 8
Can use secure folder

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do a lot of other people have access to your phone? If so, then as a basic step (even before considering individual app locks), I'd recommend setting a strong screen lock (either biometric or a strong password), and setting the screen to automatically lock as soon as the screen turns off (or immediately upon pressing the Power button).

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Do a lot of other people have access to your phone? If so, then as a basic step (even before considering individual app locks), I'd recommend setting a strong screen lock (either biometric or a strong password), and setting the screen to automatically lock as soon as the screen turns off (or immediately upon pressing the Power button).

Why do you recommend (either biometric or a strong password) instead of a fingerprint scanner and pattern lock? I am using fingerprint scanner and pattern lock at this moment (usually I use fingerprint, sometimes the phone will auto require me to unlock via pattern)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Fingerprint scanner is biometric. Pattern lock is fine as long as it's not easy to guess. Remember that people can sometimes guess a pattern simply by looking at your fingerprint oil smears on the screen, so the more complex the pattern is, the better. It'd be even more secure if you could double back, but I think that's not possible with a pattern. With a password or PIN, you can have repeats of characters, which makes it harder to guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress