Downloading music from Google Play Music to YouTube?

raidencmc

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
With the Google music ended if you have downloaded music can it be added to YouTube music? Are there other apps for music people recommend? I want something that doesn't require an internet connection to use. A significant amount of time that I listen to music there is no signal. Also where do Droid users get music?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
YouTube Music is supposed to be allowing library uploads. Over the course of 6 weeks I never got the prompt to migrate my GPM library over.

I moved my library to a Mac Mini I have always running at home and set up Plex to serve up the media. If you pay for Plex Pass ($5/month) you can select items to download locally on your phone for offline playback. I can even VPN to my home network (my router can act as an endpoint) and download additional music when I have WiFi available.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I already see an Upload Music option in my YouTube Music, but haven't been able to transfer my GPM library to YTM yet.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Are we talking downloaded from GPM just for offline listening, or actual purchased music? YTM allows downloading for offline listening the same way, but if it's purchased music, transferring your library should (though I don't know this for a fact) also transfer your purchased music. I would still download all music you have purchased for safekeeping regardless of the transition from GPM to YTM by Google. I'm not certain the status of the music upload ability in YTM, but it can access locally stored music on your phone that you have transferred from your computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod