1. Why is my search bar for emojis not working? 2. Why are some emojis not on my keyboard?

No0p

Jul 1, 2020
Visit site
1.) I have had the updated (9.0 Pie) Samsung keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy J7 (2018) for about a year now and I noticed that every time I try to click on the search option for an emoji, no matter what I type in, the result will always be "No results found." This is extremely disappointing as when I first purchased the phone, this function was working fine for about a week. Afterwards, I have not been able to use it.

2.) I have also noticed that certain emojis have been appearing in different apps yet are not found in my keyboard. Emojis in text form are recognized by my phone and will appear as normal rather than a frame with an x (🖾). But for some reason, I cannot access these emojis on my keyboard. For example, these emojis: "🔴🟠🟡🟢🔵🟣🟤" are clearly visible on my screen. I can copy and paste them directly from emojipedia yet nowhere on my emoji keyboard are they available for me to use.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
First it blows my mind that you got one week of use and then waited a year to ask about it... IDK that just strikes me.

Anyway, have you tried anything over the past year for this issue? You mention Android 9 but not really if any of this occurred around the time of the update. I would try starting with the app and clear the cache and data for the app. Settings>Apps>Samsung keyboard>Clear Cache, Clear Data. Restart the phone and check to see if it works.

If it doesn't work I would check to see if it is being caused by a bad app. The easiest way to see if an app is causing you issues is to run and use the phone in safe mode. Safe Mode prevents apps from opening or running in the background. Safe mode on Samsung is usually started by pressing and holding the power button until the Power off , Restart, Airplane mode options appear, then press and hold the Restart option until start in Safe Mode is offered.

Let us know what you find and post back.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
B. Diddy I considered including that but they never really said if it was update related. That should round it the advice though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
B. Diddy I considered including that but they never really said if it was update related. That should round it the advice though.

LOL, you pretty much covered all the bases, so that's the only thing I could shoehorn in there.:p