ToTok Showing Not Connected - Samsung A70

roumieh2000

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
I have this problem of an app on my phone that is not connecting to internet in our office network although other applications are working fine and other devices are connecting on the same network and able to use the same software with no issues except this one.

How can I know what might be affecting the connectivity of the application on my device, either from settings or through some software..

roumieh2000

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's possible the office wi-fi network has a firewall that blocks certain kinds of traffic like for that app. Ask your office IT department about it.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Thanks for the reply, however i mentioned that other devices are connected on the same network so if firewall is blocking any traffic it would affect the others.

I am asking about settings that could cause such behavior on the Android device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, so you're saying this ToTok app works on other devices on the office network? Is there a setting in the app that prefers mobile data over wi-fi (or vice-versa)?

Is this a work phone issued by your workplace, or one you bought yourself?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, however i mentioned that other devices are connected on the same network so if firewall is blocking any traffic it would affect the others.

I am asking about settings that could cause such behavior on the Android device.
Hi, welcome to AC!
What's the name of the app ?

Edit: just seen tiktok

roumieh2000

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Oh, so you're saying this ToTok app works on other devices on the office network? Is there a setting in the app that prefers mobile data over wi-fi (or vice-versa)?

Is this a work phone issued by your workplace, or one you bought yourself?

There no setting to prefer one over another (Wifi and mobile data), phone is a personal one and not issued by the workplace.

roumieh2000

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Ahh thanks , video call app I see , I noticed in the play store first review person having connection issues. Might need a update or email to the dev , but you can try what I mentioned especially Uninstall the reinstall.

I did an update before uninstalling and reinstalling it but it didn't help. I will try to go for uninstalling and reinstalling option.

roumieh2000

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
Maybe send a email to the developer of the app , make sure your not using any VPN to cause conflict.

We discovered some interesting facts,

The device that is having the issue is a European model intended to be sold in EU but ended up in EMEA and was attempting to initiate communication using different IP list.

We informed the developers and they provided some ip addresses to whitelist and it worked.

Thanks for being patient to get this solved.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We discovered some interesting facts,

The device that is having the issue is a European model intended to be sold in EU but ended up in EMEA and was attempting to initiate communication using different IP list.

We informed the developers and they provided some ip addresses to whitelist and it worked.

Thanks for being patient to get this solved.
Glad to hear this , thank you for solution, Your Welcome!