Re: [LG question]

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

This is about a LG LM-K500MM Android 10 phone. I have tried to download 3 app's via my laptop, via Windows Firefox. The laptop side says download complete. But the download doesn't show up on the phone. If I download the same app direct from the phone. I get the app. The attached picture is 1 of the app's that I tried to d/l via the laptop. Before I got this phone I could d/l app's from my laptop to the phone. Screening the app's on the laptop is easer then doing it on the phone. I don't know what's going on.

app download.jpg (77.0 KB)

Attachments

• app download.jpg
    app download.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 10

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

When you try to remotely install an app from the Play Store website, the button will say "Installed" if the app was ever installed at any time on any of your devices. So it doesn't necessarily mean the app is currently installed on the device you're thinking about.

Click the Installed button, then look at the list of available devices. Select your LG phone from there and then proceed from there. Or is that what you already did?

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

When you try to remotely install an app from the Play Store website, the button will say "Installed" if the app was ever installed at any time on any of your devices. So it doesn't necessarily mean the app is currently installed on the device you're thinking about.

Click the Installed button, then look at the list of available devices. Select your LG phone from there and then proceed from there. Or is that what you already did?

I already selected the right LG phone before starting the install. Firefox on the laptop says install completed. But on the phone there is no d/l arrow showing up on the top of the phone screen, nor can I find the d/l app anywhere in the phone. But if I d/l the same app direct from Google Play on the phone. Then I get the d/l and I can install the app.

Last edited by a moderator:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Looking at the screenshots of that widget - is it possible the widget is not updated to support newer versions of Android?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I already selected the right LG phone before starting the install. Firefox on the laptop says install completed. But on the phone there is no d/l arrow showing up on the top of the phone screen, nor can I find the d/l app anywhere in the phone. But if I d/l the same app direct from Google Play on the phone. Then I get the d/l and I can install the app.

Sorry, your post had been initially deleted because it looked like you had only quoted me without any response -- but then I saw that you had embedded your response within the quote. So I undeleted your post and edited it so that the response is outside the quote.

What if you try to install from the Google Play website using Chrome (instead of Firefox)? Or Microsoft Edge (if you're averse to using Chrome on your computer)?

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

What if you try to install from the Google Play website using Chrome (instead of Firefox)? Or Microsoft Edge (if you're averse to using Chrome on your computer)?

I was looking at clock app's to display the time that is readable in daylight. My phone is the only source for knowing what time it is away from home. My only other option is to carry a pocket watch. I can't use a wrist watch, that irritate's the skin under it specially in the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699