Can a Samsung Galaaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet charge off just a usb cable?

RoboRiot_77

Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet, second-hand from eBay (the white one). It didn't come with a wall charger, just a usb cable (not an original Samsung one).

Can a tablet that big be charged with just the usb cable?
Should there be a light on or other indication that it's charging when it's plugged in?

It seems to work, has been factory reset and turns on OK. It's currently at 36% battery, but when I plug in the usb cable and attach it to my laptop, the laptop doesn't recognise it (nothing happens - usually I'd expect the laptop to discover a new device and set it up so I can access it).

Should the laptop recognise the tablet? And if it isn't being recognised, does that mean it isn't charging? There's no indication on the screen at all. When the tablet is switched on and plugged into the laptop there is no indication that it's charging.

Faulty cable?

I've looked around and I can't seem to be able to buy a mains/wall charger for it anymore (if anyone knows where to get one please let me know).

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It had just a standard 2.0amp Samsung charger when it was new, any new USB wall charger should work.

Some computer USB ports wouldn't be powerful enough to charge it but the fact it doesn't show up at all makes me wonder if the USB cable is bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo