Google Messages vs Messenger +?

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, I've been using Verizon Messenger + for years. It works great. Is there any reason to switch over to Google Messages? I know RCS is a thing now, so does Google play nice with Apple people, especially when sending videos? I have customers who will regularly send me video to use for promotional material, and it's a pain when they just text it to me and the quality is terrible and I have ask them to send it on a different platform.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The RCS features in Google Messages only works with other contacts using Google Messages, who also have RCS enabled. No change in how it works with iMessages. Still poor video quality, etc

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK, I've been using Verizon Messenger + for years. It works great. Is there any reason to switch over to Google Messages? I know RCS is a thing now, so does Google play nice with Apple people, especially when sending videos? I have customers who will regularly send me video to use for promotional material, and it's a pain when they just text it to me and the quality is terrible and I have ask them to send it on a different platform.
Google messages will be the way future wise as its always updated and new features added , only way it test drive it and see for yourself.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The RCS features in Google Messages only works with other contacts using Google Messages, who also have RCS enabled. No change in how it works with iMessages. Still poor video quality, etc
Thanks. Does anyone else think that it's insane that sending high-quality video to anyone across any platform isn't totally ubiquitous yet?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Does anyone else think that it's insane that sending high-quality video to anyone across any platform isn't totally ubiquitous yet?

The catch is that Apple is not overly interested in playing with the rest of the world beyond the bare minimums.