06-05-2022 08:50 PM
441 ... 161718
tools
    Did they suggest, among other things, removing and replacing the SIM?
    No, that was never mentioned. They said the instructions came from LG, not them, and SIM removal is not one of the steps. They gave me the number to LG and they texted me the same instructions. I only went through them twice, and they say you may have to repeat it 3-5 times for it to work.
    belodion likes this.
    05-24-2022 07:34 PM
    No, that was never mentioned. They said the instructions came from LG, not them, and SIM removal is not one of the steps. They gave me the number to LG and they texted me the same instructions. I only went through them twice, and they say you may have to repeat it 3-5 times for it to work.
    So on the THIRD time running through all the steps, my data is now working again. But for how long...
    05-24-2022 07:47 PM
    phone keeps being interrupted with the screen notice "LG IMS keeps stopping". Can't use phone. Started 5/22/2022 and hasn't stopped. Just wanting to know if anyone has an update on the fix from T-mobile and LG
    05-25-2022 12:35 AM
    So....... After two days of blaming LG, it was T-mobile from the very beginning. Hmmmmmmm......
    It's "always" T-Mobile lol.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-25-2022 04:41 AM
    Weren't we told that simple rebooting will fix this? Apparently, T-Mobile issued a fix and all we have to do is restarting the phone.
    Are they lying? As of today, May 25th 2:20pm EST this is NOT working.
    If T-Mobile is responsible for that, shouldn't they fix it for me?
    05-25-2022 01:22 PM
    Weren't we told that simple rebooting will fix this? Apparently, T-Mobile issued a fix and all we have to do is restarting the phone.
    Are they lying? As of today, May 25th 2:20pm EST this is NOT working.
    If T-Mobile is responsible for that, shouldn't they fix it for me?
    Probably take a couple days to roll the fix out especially server side
    05-25-2022 01:34 PM
    My LG thinQ developed this problem last Saturday night into Sunday. I tried just about everything mentioned on this board. Nothing worked. Sunday night into Monday T-Mobile must have pushed an update. The phone was all better. I use the phone and data heavily and I had no symptoms Monday, Tuesday and today…………. Until about 4:00 Eastern. All of the sudden the message started popping up again!!!!!!

Is anyone else still having issues with this???
    05-25-2022 04:04 PM
    My LG thinQ developed this problem last Saturday night into Sunday. I tried just about everything mentioned on this board. Nothing worked. Sunday night into Monday T-Mobile must have pushed an update. The phone was all better. I use the phone and data heavily and I had no symptoms Monday, Tuesday and today…………. Until about 4:00 Eastern. All of the sudden the message started popping up again!!!!!!

Is anyone else still having issues with this???
    Here is the solution from LG:
    Attached Thumbnails [MEGATHREAD] LG IMS Keeps Stopping (5/2022)-de7bcd10-db73-40b5-a8d4-31112a895332.jpg  
    05-25-2022 04:19 PM
    Android Police reported they have rollrd out the fix!
    Restarted my phone and it seems to be fine.

HOORAAY#$!!!
    And today when I dial out 80 pct I get no cellular connection.

Looks like l'm a fool. My phone is trash!
    05-25-2022 04:37 PM
    I blame Metro by T-Mobile. I bought my phone from them three years ago in July. The phone still works but the service has changed. I never received notification that said I would need a new phone by a certain date because it was going to stop working . This is not ok. And I can imagine it"s no accident.
    05-25-2022 08:00 PM
    So what were the steps to get the data back on? My daughter's phone still doesn't have data, even though she's restarted it several times & the message has been gone since Sunday.

Thanks

IMS message went away on my phone Sunday afternoon. Today around noon it came back. Got it to go away with the clear cache/data and force stop trick. Noticed I don't have mobile data now. I cannot use my phone for anything other than calls when not on wifi. WTF. Called T-Mobile and they gave me a step-by-step instruction to get data working again and said I may need to repeat the steps a few times for it to work, but I never could get data working. Now I have a basically useless phone. Wonder what the hells is happening when it works then it doesnt. I'm so tired of dealing with this. T-Mobile should give us new phones for the BS. And LG can burn in bankruptcy. I'll never purchase anything LG branded again.
    05-25-2022 08:05 PM
    It keeps me calling text
    05-26-2022 11:23 AM
    "Restore Defaults Access Point Names"
    I found that about 1am scanning the net.
    I have not been unable to make a call since
    then. If it was posted here I missed it.
    **** on t mobile unless they're on fire.I"m sure they set some sales records this week!
    05-27-2022 06:59 AM
    So what were the steps to get the data back on? My daughter's phone still doesn't have data, even though she's restarted it several times & the message has been gone since Sunday.

Thanks
    These are the steps I did, but had to do them 3x in a row before it worked. Unfortunately, this only fixed it for a few hours and these steps never fixed the issue again, even after doing it 5x in a row, which at that point is just insane. After 6 days of no data, I got a new phone (free from Tmobile if you let them know you're an LG victim).

1. Set your LG phone to airplane mode.
    2. Head to Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> App info.
    3. Tap the 3-dot menu in the top right corner and enable show system.
    4. Look for com.lge.ims.rcsprovider in the list and tap it.
    5. In the detailed overview for this app, hit the following three buttons in order: Clear cache, clear storage/data, and force stop. (Depending on the Android version on your phone, some of these three options may be found under storage information.)
    6. Restart phone and turn airplane mode off. Make sure wifi is off, and data is on. Test for data connection.
    7. Repeat until it works or you want to throw the phone off a cliff.
    05-28-2022 10:04 AM
    Still unable to get data after the ipv4v6 change. Any additional steps? Tried everything at least 5 times now. No message, but data doesn’t work anymore.
    06-02-2022 03:28 PM
    I just got a ims update today and it fixed any issues and of coarse, that annoying pop up. Just giving a update on mine.
    tismydroid and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-05-2022 08:50 PM
441 ... 161718