Also Android 11 has no on board FM Radio like it use to WHY

No1ButMe

Aug 26, 2018
Visit site
So Android 11 tablet addition has no built in on board FM Radio like pretty much all the other previous Android additions did
WHY. ? ?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So Android 11 tablet addition has no built in on board FM Radio like pretty much all the other previous Android additions did
WHY. ? ?

Because it's 2022.

The less snarky answer is that the US government use to mandate that devices had an FM radio on board for safety reasons. But it's now considered the the mobile network is robust enough that it's no longer needed. Or something...

Probably just Apple lobbying because they didn't want to include the mostly useless part lol

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Most phones have not had FM radios since about 2016. You can use TuneIn or something like that but it will use data.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I've ever used an Android device that had an FM receiver in it and I've been on Android for 10 years. I worked at Verizon when devices had Android 4-7 and the phones/tablets didn't support FM radio.

It's not a software feature, it's a hardware feature.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a Samsung device? This is a known issue after they released Android 11/OneUI 3.x. As far as I know they haven't fixed this problem in recent updates. Sorry.