Is it possible disable the default theme on a (S21 Ultra)

Jimenez5555

Nov 7, 2022
Visit site
I want to be able to press the power button then be directly on my desktop.
No in betweens.
But there's always this Default Wallpaper we need to swipe first.

Anyone know is it is possible to remouve it?

txs

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's not so much a default wallpaper as it is a way of preventing accidental touches if the phone turns on while in your pocket or in a bag. It sounds like you don't use a screen lock (which I would strongly caution against -- these days, there is so much sensitive personal information on your phone that it's always a good idea to set up a secure screen lock, whether it's a strong password/PIN or fingerprint) -- but even without a screen lock set, phones will still have this swipe-away screen that helps ensure you don't butt-dial anyone, or do anything possibly worse than that.

There might be some way to get rid of the swipe-away screen using something like Good Lock -- maybe @mustang7757 has some insight into that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's not so much a default wallpaper as it is a way of preventing accidental touches if the phone turns on while in your pocket or in a bag. It sounds like you don't use a screen lock (which I would strongly caution against -- these days, there is so much sensitive personal information on your phone that it's always a good idea to set up a secure screen lock, whether it's a strong password/PIN or fingerprint) -- but even without a screen lock set, phones will still have this swipe-away screen that helps ensure you don't butt-dial anyone, or do anything possibly worse than that.

There might be some way to get rid of the swipe-away screen using something like Good Lock -- maybe @mustang7757 has some insight into that.
Your suggestions are good only other thing is press the fingerprint scanner without touching power button should go straight to the home page or face unlock

Jimenez5555

Nov 7, 2022
Visit site
I'm new here.
This is my first inaugural post and I really appreaciate your feedback.

thank you so much.

My goal was to do-away with that (in-between) step. I now understand it seams that its not possible.
I'll live with it.

Thanks again gentlemen.