Contact linking problem

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello. New to Android. I have a Milestone X (Droid X).

My problem: Android linking new contacts to accounts/emails/numbers that don't even exist.

Some background. I have FB, Twitter, Google and my work (exchange) all set up as account.

Example: I added a contact just now. I've never met the guy. Don't know if he has a FB or Twitter, but I good and well know he doesn't work for my company... yet Android has him linked to all four... how?? or better yet, why?? This default behavior is very annoying. If I add someone to my Google contacts by phone or on the web, I only want them to show up in the Google contacts... nothing else.

Can someone explain to me what I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems like this is a duplicate post.

I would probably guess, that he somehow got linked through FB or Twitter. I think twitter links people based on who follows you (note that I am not a twitter user, as twitter is designed for people who want people to recognize them). FB links through friends. Worst case, it links through "friends of friends".

As far as people responding, one must remember, not everybody is in the same time zone, or has the same work schedule. So one should be relaxed, and wait for a response, which I believe happened before.

It's a moot point wether this person works for you company or not, What's more important, is that at sometime, somewhere, this person either emailed, tweeted, or FB'd at some time in the past. And that you didn't delete the history.

All is not lost however, as you can download several filtering apps, that will prevent communication from happening in the future.

I'm not being a hardass mind you, as I have blocked many ex-gf's from invading my phone ;););)

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your response.

The only problem with it is that I've never met this person. This is a new business contact. Upon adding someone you've never met, especially since that person doesn't work for the same company, how does that person end up being linked to my corporate email account? I mean, he shouldn't show up on FB either, because I've never known nor friended this person.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, listen, And my words may be harsh, but they have rhyme and reason.

I can't explain to you why this man showed up in your contacts after a synch to your multiple platforms. I can only guess where he came from, but obviously, at one time, his number came up. But clearly, this person has some sort of history, which is why you are so animate about this. You could have just deleted him from your contacts, and called your carrier to block him. That would have been simple, or a filter, as was suggested previously in your previous post.

I was whaking code in machine basic befopre most of you all were born. And yes, I was there when the "internet", was just some novel idea. Yeah, I am an "old guy, from the old school".

And what I can tell you, is that contacts just don't appear, unless somewhere in the past, there was some sort of contact made. Wether it was 2 way or not. That's a plain fact, and one which I will argue till the grave. You're synching across at least 2 social networks. I stress "social".

Wether or not you personally know this guy, well, it's moot.

What's more important, is how to block the man. And as I suggested, delete his contact, and install a filter. There are many free versions on the market. Or you can contact your provider and block him from there.

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
First, let's get a few things correct.

1. I'm not 'animated' about this person in particular.
2. I added him myself, to my Google contact list via my phone.
3. I don't want to block or filter him, because I added him myself.
4. What I would be 'animated' about in the future is if every time I added a contact, it ends up appearing in every account list I have.
5. Just to appease you, I have deleted my Facebook and Twiiter accounts, and readded him to my phone. He still shows up in my work exchange folder. So, this disproves your 'he's in my past' theory.

Btw, You're not the only old man around here. Presumptive for you to think so. But I do appreciate any help you're willing to offer.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Aha, human input. The saga continues..... (I say that in programming terms)

And BTW, I appreciate the "old man" comments. They are greatly appreciated. FYI, I've decide to get back into programming apps, Eat your hearts out you young studs!!

But really, to continue this, I suggest you PM (private message), as this thread is running long, And I can sometimes be "loose of tongue". Considering nobody else wants to put their 2 cents in, well, my comrade, it's me and you. So PM me,

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
FYI to the moderator... I do like contact linking, I just don't want contacts linked to accounts (like my work email) just because I add them to my Google contacts on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty