Multiple Google accounts

sageleader

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
This might sound trivial, but I am wondering if there is a way to name my Google accounts. I currently have 3 of them - two Google Apps e-mails for work on separate domains and one personal account. I sync contacts from all 3 of these accounts.

When I edit contacts or link them I get a long list of info for each contact and underneath the info it just says Google. I have no idea which Google account this is coming from and it annoys me. Depending on the contact I may want to make their e-mail address from one account the primary e-mail versus one I have from another which is outdated. But there's no way for me to know which account the data is coming from because they all say Google.

Any way I can do this?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Have to wait for some folks to wake up. A lot are in different time zones, and also have jobs and such.

Try this,

Long press on your home screen and select "Custom Shortcut". Then for Activity, select "applications". then GMail (at this point you can give it a custom name)

Note that you specific device and Rom options may be different than mine.

If it works, then configure each Gmail as you like.

Hope this helped!

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
If people are not responding it's most likely because they don't know how to help you. Do you really want people to reply just to say "sorry, can't help"?

sageleader

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I don't have a custom shortcut option, but I think that's not the problem anyway. It's about how the accounts are listed in the phone. My 3 Google accounts are all listed as Google. I essentially want to rename the account type, so instead of Google it says Home or Work. Any way to do that?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately none that I'm aware of witth the "Stock" app. You might hit the market and check out some mail apps or mail managers which might add some extra customization.

sageleader

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
This has nothing to do with the mail app...I don't think you understand. It's the accounts I have added in Accounts & Sync. There are three Google accounts. I sync my contacts from all three. When I link contacts or look up contact info by clicking on a person's name, the info from each account is all listed as "Google".

Basically I want to know if it's possible to rename the Google accounts in Accounts & Sync.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Aha.... Now it's clear.

Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge, you can't rename the menu listing. At least I haven't found this option in my Rom. Just checked it to be sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty