Is Okay to reformat my phone and sd I am rooted

Prideless

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
topic is my question.

I am rooted used z4root. Do I have to unroot when I format my phone and my sd card.

I am having problems with my phone and sd card i think mainly the sd card.

I am also on stock rom never flashed anything or installed custom kernals its running all stock stuff.

thanks

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, you can format your sd, much easier to use a card reader on a pc though, as you may want to back up anything you have stored on it. Also, if you're running apps from it, your ph may act a little wonky when you insert a formatted sd ;)

As with your phone, there's not a "format phone" option, although you can "reset to factory". Usually done through the recovery menu. I'm not sure if you'll lose your root though. May have to root it again. Generally, when you reset the phone, or install a stock rom, you lose the root.

What type device do you have? It may be better at this point, to install a custom Rom?

Prideless

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus T.

My phone has been acting wonky I think cause of sd card.

I heard about megatron rom and custom kernels been over to xda but it just seems so confusing I dont really know exactly if i will mess up or not or even where to start. I wanted to overclock from stock 600 to 730 with megatron. I dont know how to make a recovery and I want to be sure I can flash back to stock rom if things go wrong.

They never clarified if megatron works on other models besides Optimus One LG500. Mines LG509 Optimus T.

I cant find any beginner guides to rom flashing. or how to parition sd card properly to install reg app stuff that goes on internal phone.

also watching their noob video when you register intimidated me not to post or ask anything at all lol.

thanks for reading

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Using kernels from different phones (even if they are in the same "family") doesn't work. Since you ARE using an Optimus, you have two options for the sdcard partiition. The apps2sd flashable zip or cache2sd. The cache2sd works better as it doesn't cause issues with the Market when too much is on there.
So, never use a kernel from a phone that isn't specifically yours (or a ROM), but usually flashing other things like apps, scripts, or recoveries mostly works. I would keep searching as far as the kernel and ROM go for something specifically for your phone or see if one of the devs can look into it for you. There are people here that know a lot about this stuff! I know it doesn't seem to make sense. But, if you need to, just ask here and someone will give you an idea of how "safe" it is to do something. :D So, just to recap, it's okay to partition your sdcard and use the flashable zip to have the app installed to the "secret" sdcard partition and flashing ROMs and kernels is not okay. And, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, just ask more questions! :)
Also, have you already made and formatted the partition on your sdcard?