Get xperia pro or wait for better phones?

tiger4

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Alright so at the moment I have a bold 9900, honestly I've regretted getting this phone from day 1; My 9780 broke so I had to get a new phone and didn't want to spend 300 on the same thing so decided to add 200 and bought a 9900 (i'm on tmo prepaid thats why).

I'm a bit heavy on the camera and the camera on the 9900 sucks, the os is almost the same as the old 9780 and I don't really care about the touch screen. Keyboard is just awesome tho. And I also love the BB simplicity with it's software, all messages coming to one places etc etc. So I've been looking around for an android slide out. I've had a mytouch 3g, nokia n8 and iphone 3gs; just couldn't stand the touch only. I got interested in mytouch 4g slide but ended up not getting it because slide out keys were too stiff.

Checked out SE Xperia Pro and seem to really like it. My question is should I wait for a future device or just get the Xperia Pro? SE promises ICS for the 2011 lineup and I'm pretty sure this will be getting it. But the hardware is somewhat old, single core and what not. But the camera will most likely be awesome. Besides MWC is just 4 months so if a awesome qwerty android gets announced then I'll definitely get it, although for some reason I doubt there will be a qwerty coming out soon. What do you guys think? Honestly the reason I want to get rid of my 9900 is because the 500 price was way too much for what I got, I would rather be on the 9780

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
An age old question.....

There will "always" be something better in a few months.

If you're thinking ICS will come out for your device in the next 6 months, don't hold your breath ;) Frankly, I'll be surprised if "anything" is shipped with it before the end of this year, or possibly 1st quarter 2012.

In my opinion, if you're banking on ICS, I would at least buy a device that has a dual core processor that will take advantage of it, and wouldn't accept anything less.