SD card not being recognized!!!

detroitmel

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, hopefully someone can help. I have a T-mobile mytouch 4g, recently apps on my phone do not show up in my app drawer. In the beginning after rebooting the phone worked...and then I would have to go through a few different variations of shutting down the phone, taking out and then re-inserting the SD card to get it recognized and now none of that works. If I put the SD card in a media reader I can view everything on the computer. One strange thing is that I can view and play music on my phones media room. If I go into settings > manage applications it doesn't show anything under my SD card. My phones not rooted or anything. I took the phone to factory defaults thinking that would help and it hasn't. This is my first smartphone and I'm freaking out because even when I go to the android market to download or even update apps, nothing happens. Does anyone have a fix for this? I'm using Android version 2.2.1...do I need to upgrade??? Please help

androidtechrep

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest backing everything on the SD Card up to your computer and then format the SD Card. If it works after that, it may be something you had on the SD Card that was causing the issue so be careful when putting the data back on the SD Card.

detroitmel

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank! I'm actually in the process of doing that now. I backed up the sd card on my computer, formatted it and put it in my phone. Crossing my fingers as the phone boots up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch