Migrate or link all apps to different Gmail account

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my Android phone eons ago, I used a Google Apps account from my university to sync email, use with the market, etc. I'm finishing my Masters in December and they cut off email access after graduation unless I pay for and join the alumni association, which I have no desire to do.

All my services are from this point forward tied to my private Gmail account, but I do have a problem as all my market apps are associated with this Google Apps account that will be shut off. I have no paid apps so it's not as if I have a huge amount of paid content that I'm losing, but it's a huge inconvenience to me because I can't update the 50 some apps that aren't tied to the Market anymore.

I'm on a rooted Evo, is there any tricky method using Titanium Backup or some other alternative to link all my current applications to the Gmail account? One thought I had was to make a full backup of my ROM, flash a different ROM and re-download all the applications I want but under my Gmail account, then flash back to my current ROM and restore with Titanium Backup so I don't lose preferences, data, etc.

I'm open to any ideas.

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm one step closer, it's very easy to log into my Market account on the Web and install the apps that way. I attached all my apps to my Gmail account, but the specific apps on my phone are showing as not installed when they really are installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa