Adding a Google Apps account to an existing Android phone

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a personal gmail account and use it exclusively for email, calendar, tasks, and contacts. As expected, all of this is seamlessly integrated with my Android phone (LG Optimus S on Gingerbread). At 5PM tonight my company's Novell GroupWise email/calendar/contacts system will be shut down and tomorrow at 8AM I will log on to my shiny new Google Apps work account. I am more than excited about this, for obvious reasons.

However, I have spent the morning searching for definitive answers on the best way to add this new Google Apps account to my phone. Some places say that all I have to do is add a new Google account in the Settings->Accounts & sync->Add Account section and it will all work perfectly. Other places say that there are problems accessing the secondary calendars, tasks, and contacts, or (even worse in my opinion), a merging of the two accounts' data. Ideally I would be able to toggle back and forth between the two accounts in each application (gmail, calendar, contacts, tasks). Is this the expected behavior, or are there "gotchas" that I need to keep in mind?

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Settings->Accounts & sync->Add Account section and it will all work perfectly

that is exactly what you do. it works seamlessly. i'm using to gmail accounts, and i just toggle back and forth, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty