Why does my 'HTC Incredible' screen stay black w/ red & blue dots

ShineHigh247

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay,
I've got a dead screen on my 'HTC Incredible'. I had dropped my phone in a soggy field and I believe that I either stepped on it, or our truck ran over it and pushed it down into the soggy grass/dirt a little bit. When I picked my phone up, it was face up and there was a little bit of water (small puddle) on the screen. The back had a rubber case on it.

At first I couldn't get the phone to power on. After 4-5min on top of my cars defrost, I got it to do what it does now: Powers on but the screen stays black (but lit). I can barely see a few red and blue dots on the screen (stuck pixels, dead pixels, whatever you wanna call them). The bottom line of set buttons (menu,back,etc.) still light up, and even vibrate when I hit them. The phones speaker works as I hear my ringtone when people call, and the "Droooiiid" at boot.

Im thinking that my screen's just dead and if I replace it - i should be back to normal. Am I right on this? I recently bought the phone used off eBay so there's no returning it anywhere. Would the small amount of water on the screen do this, or is it more likely that it had pressure on it messing it up (either my foot or our trucks wheel). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

J

ShineHigh247

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why does my 'HTC Incredible' screen stay black w/ red & blue

If this changes anything, i have the newer version of the incredible with the SLCD screen (from SONY). I don't know if that's more sensitive or would show different signs of damage when subjected to water or pressure.

Im going to take the phone apart and see if theres anything smashed, burnt, or any other kind of visible damage. If anybody thinks of anything else that I could try, please let me know!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why does my 'HTC Incredible' screen stay black w/ red & blue

Yeah, it's pretty well cooked. My friend accidently stepped on his desire z, and it worked, sort of, for about a half day, then the display went schitzo and they had to replace it under warranty.

But if you're not under warranty, might as well rip it apart and get an education. ;)