Search email

jonheld

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been scouring the forums here and other places and am trying to find how to search through emails on my new Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I've been a Blakberry user for the last 3 years and have multiple email accounts. I have always been able to easily search through any email account or multiple accounts instantly and easily. My wife has a Galaxy S II and there is a search button within the email application. However on my brand new state of the art smartphone i can't seem to find the most basic of functions.
Obviously I'm missing something and am desperately seeking help. I deeply appreciate any and all responses.

jonheld

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So apparently if you set up a POP account there is no search button. If you set up an IMAP account, the search button appears. However, regardless of how the account is set up, there doesn't seem to be a way for the native google search to add any email to it's search options.

I deleted an account and set it up as an IMAP. My messages downloaded and I could send and recieve. However, the search function was useless. I could search for anything and it returned zero results. This leads me to believe it is not searching on the phone itself, but rather on the server. This is both a waste of time and bandwidth.

I have tried downloading multiple email clients and each one of them seems to have the same limitation which leads me to believe this is a native problem within the OS.

I'm really looking for some insight here. Any help would be appreciated.