email notification problems

Markctco

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone I'm new here but here's my problem. I have a Droid Charge and it won't notify me when my yahoo emails come in. I've checked all my settings and believe I have everything right, but what I've noticed is that in the sync accounts menu my Gmail account shows up but not my yahoo account. And when I try to add it as a new account it tells me that account already exist whichi s certainly true since I use it every day! And I need to correct myself...I do get a notification but only on the email app icon I have on my home page. I have a notification sound and everything????
Any help?
And thanks in advance :)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone I'm new here but here's my problem. I have a Droid Charge and it won't notify me when my yahoo emails come in. I've checked all my settings and believe I have everything right, but what I've noticed is that in the sync accounts menu my Gmail account shows up but not my yahoo account. And when I try to add it as a new account it tells me that account already exist whichi s certainly true since I use it every day! And I need to correct myself...I do get a notification but only on the email app icon I have on my home page. I have a notification sound and everything????
Any help?
And thanks in advance :)

I'm confused. First you said it wont notify you that your Yahoo emails are coming in. Then you said you do get a notification. Which is it?:p Maybe you could clarify a bit on what it's not doing that it should.

Markctco

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion. The only notification I get when a Yahoo email comes in is on the email app icon I have on my home page. When I get a text or a voicemail or a missed call I get a notification symbol in the status bar at the top, and I get a notification sound. I don't get that when an email arrives. And just to be clear I'm talking about my Yahoo mail. I don't even use my gmail account. As a matter of fact I didn't even have an icon on any page but had to put it on my home page so I would know when I got an email.
And like I said I believe I have all the setings right, except that my Yahoo account doesn't show up in the manage accounts section of the accounts and sync section but my gmail account does. When I try to add my Yahoo account it says that account already exist.
Hope that was a little clearer but I still think I'm missing something. My old POS LG Ally (my training phone) would notify me about every damn thing, but this one just has this one little problem.
Hope someone knows what I've missed:)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
When you say you get an email app icon on your homepage, what exactly do you mean? What is your homepage?

Do you have some sort of yahoo mail app or something?

What do you mean you had to put an icon on your home page so you would know when you got an email?

Markctco

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm not using the right terminology but by homepage I mean the page that I get when I hit the home button. As far as the icon goes what I mean is that I went to my applications and dragged the email "icon" to my " homepage". And yes I have a yahoo email account. So what I have is an email "icon" on my "homepage" that when I hit opens my yahoo email. When I receive a yahoo email the only thing that happens is that the " icon" shows a little #1 in the corner of it....kinda like what happens with a text message. But unlike text messages where I get that, plus a notification sound, plus a notification symbol in the notification bar, the only way I know I have a yahoo email is by seeing it on the"icon". That's why I put it on my "homepage".....so I could see it.
That's about as clear as I can be :) But at the risk of making things more confusing, on the rare occasions when I get a Gmail, I get all three notifications. What I'm trying to focus on is the part where my yahoo account doesn't show up in the accounts sync section of the settings. My Gmail account does though. What's confusing me is that I send and receive several yahoo emails daily. I just want my phone to notify me that I have a new yahoo email like it does for everything else.
Are you with me now?

Orion72

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I unterstand that you said that you checked your settings, but did you check your settings in the email app? go into email app, hit menu, hit more.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you with me now?

Yes, much clearer. :D

I unterstand that you said that you checked your settings, but did you check your settings in the email app? go into email app, hit menu, hit more.

Have you done this? Sometimes there are more menus than you think. Sometimes if you push the menu button while inside a menu you get more options. I'm not really familiar with the Yahoo email app, as, I don't have a Yahoo account. Hopefully someone else can. Or you could always try switching to Gmail. :p

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I think his problem is that he doesn't have his account set to sync. In the accounts>>manage accounts you'll see a green circle next to the gmail address... I assume. Now next to the yahoo one there's no green circle. Click on the yahoo address and select sync mail.

chris mart

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Please check whether you are enable push notifications. Open Yahoo mail app then tap on the menu key in your phone> tap on the options> Now again tap on the your email address in there. Now verify you are checked "Notifications" option.

Last edited:

Markctco

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the help, but I got it figured out. I had all the settings mentioned set correctly, and I feel foolish now that I know what was wrong....All I needed was the Yahoo Mail app :) Forgot that I had it on my old phone. Still I'm not sure why I couldn't get notifications without the app, but whatever...it works now!
Again, thanks for all the suggestions :)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. It's okay, we all do silly things sometimes. Thanks for coming back and posting your solution. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa