WiFi connected but no data

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid X running Gingerbread, and there is one particular WiFi spot that seems to hate me. It's a WiFi router owned by a friend of mine, WPA encrypted. I have the SSID and the password, I can connect to the router. And my network icon turns blue indicating that I have a connection to the Google services. But I can't browse the web, I cannot send/receive email and I cannot use any other app that uses data. Another friend with an iPhone has no problems. My iPod Touch has no problems, but the stuff I want to use is on the Droid.

Two additional kickers to this:
My late and unlamented Blackberry had the same problem
His router is the same brand (and I think model) as mine and I have zero problems with mine.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Could be he is using WPA2 rather than WPA/WPA2? Have him check his encryption settings and double check the password you are using. I know some Droids don't like WPA2.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Could be he is using WPA2 rather than WPA/WPA2? Have him check his encryption settings and double check the password you are using. I know some Droids don't like WPA2.
He might be, I don't really recall if it's WPA or WPA2. But two things: I had the same problem with a Blackberry, and my router is set to WPA2 (I just checked).

Oh, and if the password I entered to access his wifi was wrong, I wouldn't be able to connect to the router.