Just got android. Very Confused.

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I switched today from an Iphone 4s to an (AT&T) Lg Nitro HD.
While I realize this is probably posted somewhere, I have searched all day and cant seem to find the answer to my question. On an Iphone, they have iTunes and additionally you can download ringtones from the app store. Where on android can you download ringtones? I've searched in the marketplace but all I get are apps. I know the marketplace has music, but is there a place in it to buy ringtones?

Thanks in advance!

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You can use your own music and select a section of it (rather than starting at the beginning) with Ringdroid. I assume the ring tones from apple are not free. I'm not sure of where to get song ring tones from artists but Zedge has some fine ring tones and wall papers as well as notification sounds

Tapatalked

Ryno1974

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes. If you have ringdroid you can take any of your music and cut it up the way you like for a ring tone. Zedge also has a ton of pre made ring tones and wallpapers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

welsleyjames

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi! RingDroid is the only option to change the iTunes into the acceptable format ringtone of your phone. If possible protect it from the environment junks such as dusts, scratches and other pollution.
Why because it will damage the beauty of the phone. So even i use Otterbox, Cases or Covers for it. It will rather develops beauty of it. And i found a web-store called SF Planet(sfplanet.com) where they offer 30% off for all kind and variety of Otterbox with a wide range! Even they provide free shipping also over U.S! Please Check it through its website.
And one more thing don't forget to use the coupon code: "OTT30OFF" for placing the orders to your favorite otterbox in sfplanet.com

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to make the change to Android too.. Some sales guy at an independent ATT wireless store said that I can sync my iTunes music to my Andriod. Is this true and if so, how do you do it? I heard the best thing was to install Double Twist, or something like that, which will convert mp4's to mp3's. I obviously don't want to lose the music I invested in with Apple. I used RingTone Maker to make my own ring tones with the iPhone much like you describe using RingDroid.. sounds like a similar program. Thanks.

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to make the change to Android too.. Some sales guy at an independent ATT wireless store said that I can sync my iTunes music to my Andriod. Is this true and if so, how do you do it? I heard the best thing was to install Double Twist, or something like that, which will convert mp4's to mp3's. I obviously don't want to lose the music I invested in with Apple. I used RingTone Maker to make my own ring tones with the iPhone much like you describe using RingDroid.. sounds like a similar program. Thanks.

If you have the DRM free versions of the music you can use Google Music and upload them to the cloud. Google Music will pull all music from whatever file you tell it to and will automatically upload any new additions.

macscac

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I actually just switched from an iphone4s to an htc one and synced my phone for the first time last night.
it pulled my itunes playlist just fine from itunes and works perfectly on the htc.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I use double twist. At first the synching was slow but I imagine that was because it was importing all my music from iTunes. However st looks and acts much like iTunes so it will make the switch to android easier than it will already be.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress