Another Phone Advice Thread

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So I have just dropped my Evo 4G for the 2nd time and shattered the screen. It still works, but I'm sure it won't be lasting long. I had already decided when my contract is up, I would be switching from Sprint to either Verizon or AT&T. But my plan was to wait until the new crop of HTC and Samsung phones were available. Now, I may not get to wait and I can't pick a phone.

I have thought about the Samsung Nexus - I really like that it is 4.0. I haven't heard great things about the camera (which would be one of the features I use a lot), but I do like the near zero shutter lag.

So then I started thinking about one of the Galaxy II phones. And now I can't even keep those straight as it seems like there are multiple variations. I haven't followed that line at all, though I do have a positive impression of them. It sounds like they will be upgraded to 4.0 relatively soon.

Anyone have feedback about either of those phones? Suggestions of phones I should be considering? I think, in order or importance, I want

Good processing power (at least enough to be upgradable to 4.0)
Good camera (harder to define as the zero shutter lag does make up for some possible quality issues)
Ideally 4.0 (though that limits me to one phone currently)

Whatever phone I get, I'll be opting for insurance this time around.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Any of the newer Smartphones have dual-core processors, which should all have a Zero Shutter lag.

Samsung Nexus and the Razr Maxx are two of the newest smartphones that have come out on Verizon... battery usually plays very large in most people's life now a days, and if you have had any issues or asked about battery life you should consider the Maxx. I'm absolutely sure the Maxx will see ICS... how quickly can only be determined by Verizon.

As you can tell by my profile which one I choose. Both are worthy of being chosen. I can not speak to AT&T since I'm not a fan and have had bad experiences with them in the past.

Just one person's opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo